Last year I did a lot of after Christmas shopping. But, I didn't spend a whole lot of money. I hit up a lot of the 75% or more off sales. We were in Idaho until New Year's, and I really didn't shop until we got home. We ended up with two fake trees, lots of glass balls, and lots of wrapping paper. One of the trees was 6 feet, and only 4 bucks. The other was 7 feet and 7 bucks, at 90% off. I thought it was a good deal, and was so excited about it all year long. I couldn't wait to put up my seven dollar tree. And then I took it out of the box. All of this time I hadn't ever realized that it was a slim tree. I probably saw it, but didn't think much about it. I mean it was 7 bucks! But, like the description says, it's a slim tree. Very slim. We have huge ceilings in our front room. Like massive ceilings, and this little skinny tree looks kind of silly. Adam just laughed when he saw it. It isn't a bad looking tree if you get past it's skinniness! I thought that maybe it would be better after the lights and the decorations, but no. Still slim. I guess it'll be the last year of the 7 dollar tree, and we'll be shopping for another one soon. You win some, you lose some. That's how the deal goes. Oh well. It's a tree...it's up. It's decorated. I'm done.
2 weeks ago









4 comments:
So, my friends just moved and have NO space for a Christmas tree. This would totally work for them. Too bad they couldn't have found a $7 tree. I like it! Very ... modern.
I think it looks cute. And for $7 what a deal!
I think it's cute!
I like this slim tree! Next year with Baby Jacob, you can put it on a 6-foot tall box in the living room, or hang it upside down in the entry way like a chandelier, or install it on the landing going upstairs. Put the other skinny tree in the family room. I say you can't have enough fake (non-shedding) trees at Christmas time! One in every room with lots of lights on it--hooray!! This one looks really great, Lindsay--and so cool next to the piano.
Carol
Post a Comment