Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas vacation


We decided kind of last minute that we were going to to head to Disneyland on Friday afternoon. Adam got off work at 1, so we headed out then. It should only take around 3 and half hours to get there. So I figured we'd get there around 4:30, we'd have the rest of the day at Disneyland, since it was open until midnight. My sister Erin got us a room in Anaheim, {Thank you so much, Erin!!} so we didn't have to worry about just coming straight back home. It was very nice. But what wasn't so nice, was the traffic. Friday LA traffic before a holiday, is not fun. We didn't en up getting to Anaheim until around 6:30. We got to California Adventure just at 7 to find out that it closed at 8. We hurried and rode the carousel, while Adam rode the roller coaster three times, and then went on the Toy Story ride. We made it barely in time for Noah and I to ride on Soarin' over California, which he loved. It was fine though. We have the passes, we weren't too upset that we didn't get to do much there! I can't really ride on much there anyway. Remember, that I'm like 9 months pregnant! I've been dilated to a 3 for nearly 3 weeks, and I went to Disneyland, it was great!
After California Adventure, we ventured to Disneyland. It was the first day of the Christmas stuff, so it was pretty busy. A lot of locals came out for the festivities. We didn't ride on much there, either. We hit up Buzz, Adam took Macie on Matterhorn {Noah is afraid of it.} and I watched the Christmas fireworks with Noah. After the fireworks, it snows. I'm an Idaho girl. I'm used to snow at Christmas. So, of course, since I'm very emotional and pregnant, I cried. This was the only snow I was going to see this Christmas. As fake as it was, it was still snow. It made me all teary to see all the Christmas lights and the snow, and people going crazy. Noah jumped out of the stroller just to touch a "snowflake" or soap bubble. And the jumped in and wanted to call Momo to tell her that he snowed. He's such a good kid. After the fireworks and the snow we were going to go on Small World. They just barely redid it with all new boats and things, and it was Christmasy. But...in their right mind would spend 4 fricken hours in line for IT's a Small World? Definately not us. We got out of line and went to the Haunted Mansion, which is decorated for Christmas, too. And the kids love it just as well. We didn't do much else. But, it was enough. It was fun to get to do something like that with the kids before the baby was born...even if I am way pregnant!
Then on Saturday we just visited some friends from our old Torrance ward, and Adam's friend from high school who lives in Lawndale. We went to the beach we used to go to all of the time when we lived there. It was fun. It was a good day. We ended it at Seagull Book in LA and got to see the temple almost decorated for Christmas. It was a good little weekend trip. It's our Christmas vacation, since we'll be having a baby this year instead of travelling. I thought maybe all of the bumpy roads and walking would help induce this baby...but so far no luck. Tomorrow they may strip my membranes. Maybe we will have a baby before Thanksgiving. Keep your fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Your children are so happy, and they should be, since they have you as parents. Thank you, on behalf of the world, for bringing up wonderful, thoughtful, sweet, intelligent, grateful children. Keep up the good work and I, too, have fingers crossed for a routine, easy, no jolly rancher, no problem labor, delivery and life of this little Jacob.

brittanyandtravis said...

What a fun trip!