Noah wanted a Rocket Party for his birthday. And when I started thinking of all the possibilities, it sounded so easy, and so fun! So I agreed. We planned everything out. He told me what Astronauts do, and what he wanted. {A rocket and stars} And I started planning. On paper everything looks so good, but when you try to actually do the things that you planned, sometimes it's not so easy. First, it was the invitation.

It was probably the only thing that worked out like I envisioned! Noah was very excited to give his friends the invites. He talked about his party for weeks. He was so excited to actually have friends over to his house. He didn't yet realize that they would be bringing him presents, too! He was just happy they were coming to his house!
I had this wonderful idea to use buckets for the astronaut helmets. But, do you know how hard it is to find white buckets? It's not so easy. I was going to use the bucket and cut out a hole in the front, to resemble a helmet. No such luck. And so on Friday, I decided I would just sew little hoods. They are not Amish...I promise, they are Astronauts. I was up until 2 sewing...and then I ran out of silver trim, so I had to finish them today, and didn't get done until about 20 minutes before the party. Noah wore the "ghetto" one because it wasn't completely done in time, and of course, all of the pictures are of Noah and he was the only one who would wear it anyway. All that work for nothing! But it was alright. Noah liked it. But, they got their pre-shuttle mission picture in front of the flag before "Blast Off". Some kids were late, or didn't want to get in the picture. But there ended up being 9 kids. It was fun! Adam made the rocket ship for them to go inside. We used out IKEA tunnel for the hatch that took them to the moon, and then they got to play in the rocket, have a moon walk for prizes, and make their own little pizzas, and of course eat the moon cake. It was fun. All black and decked out with stars. A little more effort than I expected. And it all adds up. I spent a little more than I had planned. But aren't most things that way?
It was a fun party though. I don't know if it was the smartest idea to be so pregnant and trying to pull this whole party together. I was a stressed out basket case! But it worked out. The cake was my favorite part. The frosting isn't too appetizing looking, but it's the moon. It's cool. They ate it and loved it. I can't believe Noah is going to be 4!! Crazy. And he's old enough to have friends for a party. He did cry a little at the party, but he's allowed to do that, right? Now I have to come up with theme for next year and start the shopping early! What will it be next??
1 week ago









5 comments:
You are such a great Mom!!! That is an awesome birthday party you had for your little guy. I bet he loved it and he will remember it forever. No baby yet???
WOW! It looks like such a great party! You did such a great job and I bet everyone loved it.
You really do go above and beyond!! (Hey that goes with your theme, huh?) I am really impressed with all your homemaking skills!
What a fabulous, fun, creative party for Noah! I love that he didn't know about presents, was simply brimming with happiness that friends were coming to his party! He's so sweet, social and enthusiastic!
Happy Birthday tomorrow--November 20th, Noah!! I hope your present arrived in the mail in time!
xoxo
Nana and Papa
The cake is my favorite, too. It is so cute. Thank you for always posting your ideas.
The rocket looks cool, too.
You are such fun parents.
xoxoxoxoxox, Kimberlee
Post a Comment