Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No baby.

He' still cookin! I went to the doctor yesterday. He's kind of a strange doctor. He doesn't like epidurals, inducing, or sleeping pills. I should have looked into this before I went to him, dangit. I thought they were going to strip my membranes, but my Strep B test came back, and it wasn't positive or negative. They had to redo it. And so the doctor wouldn't even check me until that came back again. I was mad. So, another week goes by. And still no baby. The carseat has been in the car for weeks...and that didn't encourage him to come. My house was clean a while ago...that didn't work. And it didn't last long, either! Did it too soon that I have to do it again! I have the diapers. I have the bed set up, the bags packed. What else do I need to do?? I guess I'll continue with my long walks, and jumping jacks. So far it hasn't helped...maybe this time I'll get lucky.

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Maybe you'll have a Thanksgiving baby? At least this year it would be a Thanksgiving Baby and then every year after, when Thanksgiving hits on the 27th, it will be a Thanksgiving Birthday...

Yes...when we moved up here, and I interviewed our PCP to see if he would be a good fit instead of seeing an OB/GYN (which I'm planning on only seeing from now on for all female concerns..) I asked him the following: will you dilate, induce, and start epidural and pitocin simultaneously? His answers pleased me. These are my criteria. Drugs. And then more drugs!

Fingers getting sweaty in this crossed state...

carol said...

Lindsay, we love you, messy house and all (which was not YOUR doing, for sure!). Ask Adam to play '10-minute pick-up' with Noah and Macie. It always worked at our house! This waiting time will end soon and then you will be FIVE. Which reminds me of the saying,
"Love the place you're in", as in FOUR for just a little while longer! We pray Mama and Baby will be well and healthy. xoxo
Carol