Saturday, November 8, 2008

Love Mail

Upon hearing that some coalition that's fighting "discrimination" is sending 'Hate Mail' to a Prophet of the Lord, I thought it would be a great time to write 'Love Mail' to the Prophet and sustain him in any way I can - wonder if Jeremiah got any? Not to rock the boat, but I think such letters wouldn't be a bad idea at a time like this. Below is a copy of my letter:

My Dear President Monson,


It was voiced in the news that you’d be getting a lot of negative mail by way of my states Proposition 8 passing, so I wanted to take the time to write you and express my love for our great Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, particularly for our God, He who you are mouthpiece for. I will not falter nor submit to the pressures of the world. Though I am weak, though I am not perfect, I will trust in Him and follow your voice as His own. I hold this testimony sacred and of greatest worth to anything else in this life.


In a biography of Elder McConkie by his son, Joseph Fielding McConkie, Joseph shared that his father taught them “‘the measure of a man…is not found in who speaks well of him but who speaks against him. It is just as important to have the right enemies as it is to have the right friends.’” (p. 265) I find comfort in this and though we are targeted, I say “we” because we are all in this together, though but 2% of this State is LDS, it doesn’t change the fact that a majority of the State voted “Yes”. What a marvelous feet so little could accomplish then. Despite their own twisting of the truth in campaigning, despite the mass media backing them and calling this a Civil Rights issue, and despite the biased wording of the Proposition itself, a majority of California voted “Yes” – again!


What a day we are living in, how exciting it is to be a member of God’s Kingdom on Earth, to be a soldier in the fight for truth and right. I am a father of what will soon be three beautiful Children. I desire to raise them in the nurture and admonitions of the Lord, for this I will not support any dark agenda that’s goal is to instill in a future generation that it is o.k. to be lovers of your own selves. We are still experiencing the “tyranny of tolerance” as Elder Bednar puts it. Their supporters are dishonest and in whose deeds which run in direct opposition to His will. May our Master strengthen all of us in faith and courage. Victory will be ours in this life, if not in the next. Is this countries Constitution hanging like a thread? I don’t think so, but is not this all evidence enough of our righteous fruits to inspire and the necessity of modern-day Prophets?


I will not let the opposition get the best of me, I will seek understanding and love for those who so choose to self-justify their natural man within, and seek to rescue them as only the Atonement sufficiently can. To our adversary I proclaim: stand back oh "accuser of our brethren", the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored! We thank thee oh God for our Prophet!


Yours truly,

Adam Jon Christensen

2 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

I thought you would appreciate this:
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/catholic-bishop-decries-religious-bigotry-against-mormons

Adam said...

That - was - awesome!