Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No progress...

I'm still a '3'. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Nothing has happened. I guess "technically" I'm still only 36 weeks. {until December 9th} But, 38 weeks in my book! I've decided, however, that he's just doing Noah a favor by not coming until after his birthday party. I'll be okay with that. I've put so much thought {and money} into this birthday party, I can't back out of it now!! So, thanks Baby Jacob! You can wait until Sunday. But that's my limit! Just kidding. Anyone have any good ideas of inducing labor?? I'm game for anything, I think.

3 comments:

Cole Family said...

Did you guys decide on Jacob? It's cute. I guess with Adam and Noah you needed another biblical name! JK, I really like Jacob. About inducing labor I would walk alot and maybe squats would help.

Andrea Grover said...

These are the tricks I've heard about: eating spicy foods (something I wasn't interested in at ALL during pregnancy), walking (we went on LONG walks toward the end of my pregnancy with Bekah, and they seemed to have no effect) and taking castor oil (I didn't dare try this, and I don't think it's recommended any more). My aunt said she had heard about jumping on a trampoline as a way to naturally induce, but my great uncle (an OBGYN) said that only gave you pre-delivery hemorrhoids. Sorry! I'm no help.

Natalie♥ said...

Hey Heidi had her baby yesterday.
9 lbs and they didn't know how long he was yet. They named him Austin David. Everything went great for her she was induced and only in labor for 5 hours.