Sunday, November 16, 2008

New calling.

So, I got put in as the Relief Society Newsletter coordinator for our ward. Not the most exciting calling in world, but it will do. It should be fun. I haven't had a calling for a while, so it's good for me. But, the newsletter we have is kind of boring. Informative, but boring. Does anyone have any ideas that their ward does in a newsletter that I could use in ours? Anything that really gets your attention? If you do, I am more than happy to accept your ideas!!

5 comments:

Trina said...

our newsletter coordinator puts funny quotes, word searches, cartoons, just some fun things. i have no idea where she finds them, but i like them!

Andrea Grover said...

Our family ward in Rexburg had the best-designed ward newsletter I've EVER seen. It was a tri-fold with the sacrament program, lesson schedules, missionary addresses and announcements in it.

Lefty said...

swear words.

just throw them in every once in a while in the middle of a sentence.

the church ladies will rave about it. or something...

carol said...

I'm thinkin' your RS newsletter's boring days are over! With your design sense you'll make it a visually appealing and find ways to assist and connect the sisters. You should have a 'Money Strategies Corner', sharing tips on how/where to buy more for less. You always find the best for a bargain!
Carol
p.s. Do NOT follow Lefty's advice!

Lefty said...

Carol is such a prude.

I also liked my ward one move ago: they had recipes from food storage. not that i have storage and used the recipes, but i thought it was a good idea.

also...do you spotlight sisters? that is fun, too. kind of a "guess who" and then at the end name the sister.