Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Jacob Update

So. I went to the doctor yesterday. Nothing. Still at a 3. Can you believe it? No progress for like 3 weeks. Crazy. I go again on Monday, so we'll see what's up then! Until then I plan on walking like 5 miles everyday, and doing jumping jacks, eating cream of asparagus soup for every meal, drinking castor oil...let's see, what else? I'm just so ready to have this baby! I know that I'll probably get crappy sleep once he's born, but at least it might be some sleep! Nursing does that to ya, it makes you sleepy, it makes me sleepy anyway. So I'm looking forward to that. Actually sleeping. Right now my sleep it very nonexistent. I went to sleep last night around 11...and woke up at 1, and didn't go back to sleep until about 6, and slept for an hour. Yeah, how crappy is that? Jeez. I was put on Ambien when I was pregnant with Macie, and it was heaven! I loved it. But the doctors here won't do it. They just tell me to take Tylenol PM, since sleeping pills can be habit forming. Wouldn't taking pain relievers when you don't need them be habit forming as well? Every time I go to the doctor at least 3 or 4 nurses and doctors always comment on how tired I look. Yesterday the doctor even asked if I was depressed because I was just so exhausted. I'm like no...I'm just fricken tired. Give me the sleeping drugs and I'll be okay! The Tylenol PM is okay, I get to sleep, but that isn't my problem, it's the staying asleep that gets me! Oh well...enough complaining. I'm done. He'll come when he's ready, because we sure as heck are ready for him!!

4 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

I'm a sleep junkie, but sometimes I have problems getting/staying asleep as well. (I have no idea how you've been surviving on such little sleep.) Here are the solutions I've found (although since you're pregnant, you may want to get your doctor's opinion): Benadryl and Melatonin. I'll either take either two Benadryl or one Melatonin right before bed, and they help a lot. The Benadryl (obviously) is with the allergy medicine, and the Melatonin is a herbal supplement, so it's with the vitamins.

Talia said...

I know how you feel. I was at a 3 with Evan for over 2 weeks and I thought for sure he was coming any day! So now that your waiting period is over, he should be able to come, right?!! Good luck with labor- I hope everything goes great for you!

brittanyandtravis said...

I was at a 2 for about a month with Chloe and then a 3 for 2 weeks before being induced. That was the most annoying thing in the world. I hope he decides to come soon for you!

The Critchlow Family said...

Oh I feel terrible for you. Yuck, I hate it when I can't sleep or don't get enough sleep. How the heck are you functioning?!! Especially with two little ones you have to keep up with! You're super mom!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that that baby comes SOON!