Noah came down with some terrible cough last week. On Sunday it was in the very beginning stage. He got a fever the next day, and the next. The fever went away, but the cough and the crappy feeling stayed. Macie came down with it on Wednesday. Of course, they are still so excited about having the baby in their house, that they think they need to be touching him or right next to him at all times. No matter how many times we told them NOT TO TOUCH THE BABY, the still managed to. No matter how many times we told them to cover their mouths, they didn't. No matter how many times we put hand sanitizer on their hands, and washed their hands until they were cracked, Jacob still got sick. It's been so sad to watch the other kids go through it, but now with Jacob it's worse. He's so little. He has a cracky little cry, and wheezy, and coughs a lot. No fever as so yet, so that;s good! And then to top it all off, I suspect that we have thrush. Goodness. Poor little guy. He was breathing kind of funny last night, I wanted Adam to give him a blessing. So, he called up our friend/home teacher and he came right over...and it was even 11:30 at night. Good guy. And then I slept with him on the couch so he could be propped up. It proved to be a long night, but, his breathing is a little better this morning. Still wheezy, but not labored. You'd think with all of his nursing time, he'd have enough antibodies in his little system to fight off sickness...I guess not, however. I don't know how that all works. But...hopefully we'll get over this soon. Sick kids are not fun. Especially three sick kids, a working daddy, and an overly tired mommy.
1 week ago









3 comments:
I feel so badly for you! I hope health improves for everyone by tomorrow. And you can rest.
Wow. Good luck! You're all in my prayers! They just love their little brother and want to share! Hopefully they'll be that good at sharing the cookies and stuff, too!
Yeah, our home teacher is a good guy too, but I still wouldn't sleep with him on the couch whether he needed propping up or not!!!
Post a Comment