I have a milk monster baby. He seriously is ALWAYS eating. Most lactation specialists and such suggest that you time feedings from the START of the feeding rather than when we end. For example, if your baby starts feeding at 5:30, and nurses for 15 minutes, and he eats every two hours, that two hours is from 5:30, not 5:45. Okay, well Jacob eats every hour...on the hour. And, he nurses for a good twenty minutes, sometimes longer. And then, it usually takes about five minutes to get a a good burp. So, usually about thirty minutes for the whole eating, burping, and diaper changing process. And then thirty minutes later, it starts again. And this happens all throughout the night as well. I try to just let him cry it out, but he just gets to beside himself and sweats. I didn't know babies even could sweat at this stage, but he does. A lot. Going anywhere and getting anything done is a joke. He's so little, I can't deny him food. And when i hear the cry, I'm just wasting milk anyway! Any suggestions??
1 week ago









3 comments:
My advice: Hire a nanny and a housekeeper for one month, because he should slow down with his eating demands. Yes?
You could try pushing his feedings 15 minutes later. Then when he's used to eating every 1 hour and 15 minutes, push them 15 minutes later until he's used to eating every 1 hour and 30 minutes, etc. until he's eating every 3 or 4 hours or however often you want. Make sense?
It's probably a growth spurt. Hang in there, amazing woman. And I agree with Mom, perhaps you can get some help with the other two? Make sure you're taking care of yourself. No wonder he sweats: he has plenty of fluid!!
Post a Comment