Monday, January 26, 2009

Lost.

I haven't taken the kids out for a while, it seems. I have just been waiting for Adam to come home, and then I take one kid, or sometimes 2 to the store. Today, I went to Target. I have Jacob in the basket of the cart, and Macie in the front. Noah was hanging on to the side. It was working out. And then the toys got closer and closer. So, I let Macie out. The toy section is right across from the baby section. I was looking at all of the great clearance deals, that I don't need, but that are such a good deal. {I didn't buy anything, however...I'm being good.} But I was watching the kids...I thought. I looked up and I didn't see Noah. He was gone. I called for him, but he didn't call back. I panicked. I picked up Macie, and started running around screaming for Noah. A guy ran up to me, and asked if I was looking for a little blond boy...a lady in a pink sweater was taking him up to the front. I ran up to the front, still holding Macie. She kept slipping, but I was trying to fast to get to Noah. I still couldn't see him. I got to the front...no sign of him or the lady. I started to REALLY worry now. I just KNEW he was kidnapped. I started crying. Something dropped from our cart, and a lady said, "Miss, you dropped something." I just replied, "I don't care, I lost my son." She panicked probably more than me. She ran up to the closest person in a red shirt and khakis...yes they did work for Target. They didn't know anything. And then on the loudspeaker I hear, "Would Lindsay Christensen please come to Electronics." I started walking back, and there he was with the lady in the pink sweater. She wasn't a kidnapper afterall. The security guy said that they wanted to call for Noah's mother to come to electronics, but Noah told them his name was Wolverine. So they tried an alternative, not thinking a 4 year old would know his mother's name. But, he did. Smart kid, that Noah. And they even understood him! I was so shaken up about it. The lady that panicked with me, kept asking me if she could buy me a soda, or just anything, because she said I looked a little shaken. But, we survived. Thank you nice lady. And thank you pink sweater lady for not taking my son, and helping him find his mother that he ran away from. And this was just yet ANOTHER Target saga. We need to stop going to Target.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is scary. am i ever grateful for the angels that have helped me in my life.

Talia said...

That is so funny!!! BUT SCARY! I always feel like an idiot when I am yelling at the top of my lungs for Clark. I'm glad there are good people out there :)

carol said...

Wolverine?!! What a funny boy that Noah is! But how frightening that realization is that the worst might have happened! I'm so glad nice people were there to help you. And when you 'dropped something' I was worried it was Jacob! But you would have mentioned that, and didn't! Take care, please!!

erica said...

oh my gosh lindsay...i would have died. pure panick. i still remember being at the mall when addie was maybe 1 yr and she got away from us in ZCMI. worst feeling ever!
ps. wolverine! hillarious!

Lefty said...

What a great story. I mean, I'm glad it wasn't me, but really, really funny story. When I got to "Wolverine" I belly laughed so hard with tears on my cheeks that I couldn't read the rest until I calmed down and also let Annalise know what is so funny.

Annalise is home with me today due to an ear infection. Well, actually, she is feeling just fine and her doctor said she could go but the "feeling fine" part wasn't part of the "morning act" that was put on. So, she is home. And I'm so glad she is.

...Wolverine...his daddy's boy!