Friday, January 9, 2009

Little orphan Annie??

I had this wonderful idea to put curlers in Macie's hair for Sunday. I ran into Walmart to get some foam curlers. I kind of assumed that they wouldn't be a lot of money, pretty cheap, really. But no. They were like 10 bucks for like 8 curlers or something. Yeah...foam curlers. So, I went to Target, not much better there. And then I rememebered seeing somewhere about rag curls. So, I went home, got some fabric strips that I just already happened to have and they were even in the exact length that I needed. I gave Macie is a bath, and started the rolling "ragging" process. It was fun. She sat in front of the TV, and was so good. I don't think I did some as tight as I should have. She slept on them, and I think she pulled on some to make them looser. She likes to pull her hair when she's going to sleep. It's usually mine, but I always move her hand to hers, I've been doing this for 2 years now. But, she woke up, and I pulled out the knots and rags, and just laughed. It was hilarious. She was quite the poodle! If I had made them tighter, she could have easily pulled off the Annie look. It was pretty curly. For some reason I didn't think the curls would be that tight. And it happened to be on the morning that we just started 9 o'clock church! Luckily, I woke up at 6, and was ready, so I was able to fix her hair the best I could without totally rebathing her. It didn't look too bad. It was cute. I may try it again and roll the rags ALL the way up to the top of her head and tie them tight, maybe that would work. But, even with the poodle hair, she's still the cutest girl ever!

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

carol said...

I wondered how you achieved the 'curly' toe-head look! Congrats! And who taught you to rag roll? I thought that term was exclusive to painting walls! And she is about the cutest little girl ever--except for her cousins, my other grand daughters. xo

Andrea Grover said...

Re: "Very cute. I'll have to go back and find cheaper curlers. Maybe they were just in the wrong place or something! But, I'm glad I could be an inspiration. The bigger curls look a bit cuter than Macie's tight tight tight tiny curls!"

Yeah, but what I neglected to report was that by the end of the day, Bekah's hair was barely wavy. Her hair doesn't hold curls very well at all. Good thing our church is at 9 a.m. They survived at least that long.