Thursday, January 8, 2009

He wants it.

{I wanted to write about this a long time ago. With everything else on my mind, I forgot about it. But, I wanted to remember it. So here it goes.}

I took Macie to the store to get some one on one Mommy time. Something that she definately needs every once in a while. While we are all transitioning, she's taking it the worst, I think. She's always had me with her. She nursed until she was 22 months old. She is such a Mommy's girl. So now with the new baby, she's had a rough time, poor girl. So, I like to take each child with me just to run errands, just them. And they love it. They fight over who gets to come with me. It makes me feel good! I think they just really want to get out of the house, but still I like it! But anyway, I digress. So, I took Macie with me. We were just going to Albertsons to get a few groceries. Oh my goodness, she thought it was the best thing ever. She talked the entire way there. She kept giggling. She loved that she was the only one in the car. There wasn't Noah or Jacob to compete with. Just her and Mommy. We got to the store. Usually there is a huge fight about sitting in those monster car carts. But, she didn't complain. She carried the basket for me, and was content, still jabbering away. I told her if she was a really good girl we would go down the Christmas/ toy aisle. She was a very good girl. So we went down the aisle. But instead of looking at the Barbies and Princess stuff like she normally would, she picked up a boyish toy, and said, "He wants it." I asked her who wanted it, thinking that the imaginary friend stage was kicking in early for her, but she said that Noah wanted it. She REALLY wanted to get Noah a toy. She didn't care about the girl toys, or the toys that she wanted, she just wanted to get Noah something. I asked her why she wanted to get Noah something, and she said, "He stay with Daddy." Holy crap...I'm still highly emotional from all of the pregnancy hormones, but I think even without I probably would have teared up. Instead of thinking of herself, she wanted to get something for Noah because he didn't get to go, and she knew that he wanted to. What a sweet little sister, she is.

I am very grateful for their friendship that they share. Yes, they fight...ALL of the time, it seems. But, they still have fun together, and are each others best friends. I love it. I've been told that as they get older it will get better, and they won't fight as much, and they really will act like best friends. That day will come, I'm sure. I can already see the signs of it. They love to be with each other. Just not sharing their toys. They are little, it's understandable. I'm also grateful to be their mother. Sometimes I don't feel like the best mother. Times when they are fighting and just not listening, I find myself wondering where I went wrong. But, then, who is a perfect mother? There are the bad times and the good times, we all have both. Life isn't perfect. But, for mow...with my three kids, life is perfect. It just gets better.

3 comments:

carol said...

What a great little girl Macie is! She has a wonderful loving heart. Thanks for the sweet story to end my day on! We love you all!

Brooke said...

Wow. That's so awesome! So, did Noah get the toy? I love that she's so excited for time with her momma! That SHOULD make you feel good! I can tell you're doing a great job as a mother! CRAZY!

Lefty said...

Thanks for posting this story; it is so endearing.

It reminds me of Adam and myself; we grew up so close together and played with each other. Then the fighting--LOTS of yelling, screaming, slamming doors, crying, swearing... and then the high school years ended and we grew up.

I ADORE my brother, Adam. So, even if they fight and it gets worse as they age, you are fostering a loving home that they will cherish, and their relationship will just keep getting better.

You are a terrific mother. And who wouldn't want one on one time with you--I know I do!!