Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jacob's Blessing

 


Adam got the opportunity to bless Jacob this morning in our ward. It was weird not having any family there. Noah had both sets of grandparents at his, and then Macie had my family, but Jacob only had his Daddy. A sister in our ward commented that we at least had the ward family with us. Which is true. I am very grateful for our ward family, since we are so far away from our families. But anyway, Jacob had a cute outfit my mom brought for him. When Noah was born, my friend's mother made an afghan for him. We used it for his blessing and for Macie's, and now we got to use it for Jacob. It's sentimental. Adam almost didn't take it up there, he's not much for sentiment. I assume that the blessing was a good one, however, I didn't hear a single word. Our ward is trying to go all high tech, and use wireless microphones. Yeah, it didn't work so much. They used the kind that you hook to your lapel, but it wasn't high enough for anyone to hear much. And then Macie decided to throw a huge screaming tantrum because she thought Daddy was taking Jacob away when he took him up to the front. So I had to take her out in the hall, screaming. I probably looked like the worst mother. I was pretty upset for having to leave during my son's blessing. I was pretty emotional to start with, and then I wasn't hearing anything. Instead I was covering my two year old's mouth trying to get her to be quiet, while bawling in the hallway. I probably looked ridiculous. It was quite a long blessing, and I'm sure very nice...I just wish I could have heard it..at least some of it. A few people offered to take Macie out for me, but I knew that would cause a much greater scene than had already been started. And then to make matters worse, bless their hearts, but people kept coming up to tell me how bad they felt for me, not being able to hear the blessing, which stirred up the emotions even more, and I was just a wreck all throughout church. Goodness. Two year olds. But, she is so cute, its hard to stay mad too long. She makes up for it with her big hugs and smirks. Jacob was a good baby, though. He didn't cry at all...didn't even fuss. He is only 2 weeks old, and still just sleeps a lot, but hey, he was still good. Today was his special day. Adam was able to recall the blessing, for the most part, I hope. But it still won't be the same reading it as hearing it firsthand, but that's okay. I signed up to be a mother, and I have to take what I get.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

Wow I can't believe you blessed him already, that was quick. He looks so cute in his white clothes and I love Macie's look on her face, very cute.

Phoebe said...

oh man... about make me cry reading that post. all the emotions.....and then for people to ask to help just makes you cry more!! ahhh I'm sure it was beautiful he is such a darling baby and you all look great! Noah and Macie are looking so grown up! love you guys

carol said...

Lindsay, some days are just like this! So many little disappointments and frustrations, on top of being tired and getting accustomed to mothering three children, nursing, and all that. BUT then there are other days--more than like today--that are wonderful and sweet and happy. It's so wonderful to be a mother, we love you and wished we could be with you today. I thought about you, Adam and family at about 9:20a.m. and thinking "Jacob is being blessed right now." If Bryan was able to travel, we'd have been there. By the way, his new kidney was two years old January 1 2009! All in all, life is great! And we are blessed to be part of such a wonderful family.

erica said...

oh gosh...im so sorry. the blessing day is a bit stressful as it is, but to add on all of that. im so sorry! we tried to record ivy's blessing but when we went back to hear it, it was all muffled...oh well, thats what we get when we put it in a pocket. haha.

Lefty said...

I don't have a whole lot to add--except that I adore his knit outfit. It's so much better than the tuxedos some parents put on their babies. He looks so sweet. That must have been so frusterating. Hang in there. I love you and I also love my brother, of course.

Oh--and Madeline saw the picture of Noah and asked, "Who is that?" I told her and she said it didn't look like him...Though I should send you some pictures of the girls--they may not look the same, either.