1 month ago
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
11 days...
It's crazy how much more busy you suddenly become with 3 kids! It's quite the adjustment. Two was easy...but three? It's tough. I'm crazy tired all of the time. Just listening to Macie and Noah fight is exhausting in itself. And then nursing every 2 hours for 25 minutes, that's another exhausting story. Luckily, he is a good eater, however. He didn't have any problems...me on the otherhand, well, Noah ruined me I've decided. This may be too much information, but when Noah was 10 months old, he bit me. He bit me hard. He was getting those dang molars in, and he just chomped down! The cut got infected, and opened up every time he nursed. The doctors told me the only way for me to heal from it, because it was so deep and so bad, was to stop nursing. So, after 10 months, he was done. When Macie was born, the cut opened up again, and was pretty painful for the first little bit. And this time around, it happened again. So, it's been interesting, but we are finally recovering from it. It is getting easier for me. Thank goodness!
I haven't posted anything for a long time. It's been crazy at the Christensen house these days. I'll have to back post a bunch of things. We have been using Adam's work camera, because it works better than ours, and we can't upload the pictures to our computer. So, once we get the pictures I'll do all of the posts for like Christmas and things! But, the real excitement in our house is Baby Jacob. He still is quite the novelty. It hasn't worn off yet. The kids still fight who gets to hold him first in the morning. The love this kid to pieces! A few days after he was home the hospital sent out a home care nurse to weigh him and check his vitals and things. He was good. He was a little yellow, but she just told us to put him in the sunlight for a little while and nurse him a lot. He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce, so he lost a little after birth, but that's expected. This was a week ago. We took him in yesterday for his 2 week check up, eventhough he's not quite 2 weeks...and he weighs 9 pounds! So, he's a growin! His jaundice isn't a concern, and he's totally fine. He's a good little baby. We've had our bouts of crying and crying...but overall, he's a good baby. If I hold him at night he sleeps for like 3 hour increments. So we'll have to work on that part!
It's so fun to have him in our home, though. The kids love it, I love it, Adam loves it. It's good. We may not have the most clean house right now...or all the laundry done, but we're adjusting to life as a family of 5. It'll take some getting used to, I think. We can't do as many things. The kids and I usually go to Target to just get out of the house. We've tried it...it isn't so much fun. We probably won't be doing it again any time soon! But, think of the money I'll save! Maybe enough to get a bigger car eventually. Our Honda Accord is a little crammed.
And yet, another fight to intervene. This just gets better and better...
Posted by thechristensens at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
O I know how you feel. In fact when you announced that you were having number three I was scared for you. It's hard, much harder than two. The laundry doubles, the house is always a mess, dinner is never cooked on time, things just get complicated. I don't know what it is about number three. :) They say after three you can have as many as you want because it can't get harder than three and I am just not so sure about that. But your baby is so cute I bet you love him to death. It makes me very baby hungry to see him. I hope you had a good Christmas, and good luck with the cut while nursing that hurts really bad I am sorry. :(
You are such a great little family! Well, not too little anymore! Jacob is adorable and handsome and it's so sweet to hear how his sibs adore him so much. I watch the Nativity FHE every day just to get my Christensen family fix! I hope the nursing gets smoothed out quickly and you're feeling wonderful again. Love you all! Nana/Carol/Mom
Post a Comment