Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby wishlist

It's 5 AM. I've been awake for a good two hours now. I guess I got my 4 hours in, I'm good to go. It's Saturday, however...aren't you supposed to sleep in on Saturday? Anyway. I've gotten several e-mails throughout my pregnancy asking me if I needed/wanted anything for the baby. I'm not one to tell people what I want. I hate making lists. I hate when people ask me what I want for birthdays or Christmas...I don't want to tell you. Just get whatever you want. I guess I don't hate it...I do it too...I just feel bad that someone is giving me something. I guess I just feel bad having someone buy me something, I don't know...I should just be glad that I can save my money, and save sleep thinking about the things that I wish I could get! So, I decided to make a baby wishlist. This is what I lose sleep over at night. Thinking of stupid things like what I want to buy when the next paycheck comes. Dumb, I know. But I really do lose sleep over things like this. I'll sit there and think of what I want and figure out in my mind how I can get it. It's a bad thing.

With the third baby, however, pretty much everything that you NEED, you already have. So, I my wishlist is just that...a WISH list. Full of things I want! Things that I think would make life easier, but I could probably get by without...but that's no fun. The first on the list, Baby Legs. Or baby leg warmers. I think they are cute.
And I think they are a good idea. I hate having to take the pants off and then undo the onesie. Maybe I'm just lazy. But usually the pants don't make it back on, so I just have a baby in a onesie. But with Baby Legs, and the like, they stay in place, and the little legs won't get cold. And they are perfect for crawling. Poor Macie would get sores on her knees from crawling on the carpet. True, we did have the crappiest carpet at the time. But it's the thought of it. They can be found at many places online.

The second thing on the list, a Slurp N' Burp. Yes, that's what it's called. I think it's cool. I saw one in a maternity boutique here in town, but they were selling them for 40 bucks! Online at the slurp n' burp website, they are only $24.99. Weird. It's just a good idea. That what you don't HAVE to be covered by a blanket it public. Or if you are, and the blanket slips, it's okay. I know a lot of people nurse with their baby in a sling...this is kind of the same idea, but, if this baby is big like Macie he won't be able to nurse in a sling for very long!


Which brings me to the third thing. A sling. I have one, but it's girlie. I could make one, but I have to motivation. I've made a few for friends. I can do it, but I just don't want to. I just want to pay someone to do it for me so I don't have to worry about it! I really liked the sling with Macie. It was easier than the front pack thing. We had a fake Bjorn imitation, however. And while in the airport in Boise...just me and the kids, when Macie was like 3 months old, it broke. She had exceeded the limit, and the buckle just gave out. She was a big girl. We went with the sling next, and it was good...and cheaper than the Bjorn.

And finally, the diaper bag. I like a lot of diaper bags. But, diaper bags are expensive. I was looking online, and there are diaper bags for like 300 bucks! Most of the ones I liked were 100ish. But still, for a diaper bag? I guess you do use it everyday. But, I haven't ever spent more than like 25 bucks on a purse before. I'm a cheapskate. In high school I used to buy Doc Marten's. Why? I don't know. I look back now on the money I wasted on shoes! Now if the shoes aren't 20 bucks or less, I'll just do with the flip flop. Adam loves it. I just spend my money on the kids now, I guess. But I don't know what it is that I like about this diaper bag. I just keep getting drawn to it over and over. And, overtock.com has this one in black for onle $54. That's still a lot...but it beats te $100 retail price, right?
And for the TOP of my wishlist. Above ALL other things, BABY JACOB. I just want the baby. I'll take him over anything else. I just want him. And I NEED him, too!

And that concludes my wishlist, folks. I have everything else I need. Except nursing pads. I thought about that in the middle of the night. I have to get those. I have a freakishly large amount of milk, and I'll need those nursing pads! But I think this babe will be very well dressed for a while. He's got a carseat, a swing, a crib, a pack n' play, a stroller (or two or three or four!), a high chair...everything you really NEED, he has.

Today is another day. Will today be the day?? It's all I blog about. When I post, people probably are like, "Oh, great...another Lindsay post complaining about not having a baby." I know...but it's all I can think about these days. The sooner he comes, the sooner I can not bore you about it!!

1 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

I must say ... I'm a little confused at how the Slurp 'n Burp works. I even checked out their Web site. But I totally support your desires to nurse in public but be modest. I think I nursed Analee in six different restaurants.

Anyway ... I tagged you. It's a no-brainer Christmas tag. Enjoy!