I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Noah has an imaginary friend. Not just any imaginary friend, however. His is the Grinch. We recorded the Jum Carrey version on our DVR, and he been watching it the past few days. When we went to the store today, he was talking to someone. And then as I was getting him out of the car, and stepped back, Noah freaked out, "Don't push him, Mom!" It took me by surprise. Was there someone behind me? I looked back, and I'm like, "Don't push who?" "The Grinch, Mom." Like I should have known! He held the "Grinch's" hand throughout Target. He had me buckle his seatbelt when we got in the car. He's been talking to him all day long. He shows him his toys and just laughs randomly. He even "shared" his sandwich. We'll see how long this phase lasts. I kind of feel bad, though. Should I be going to play groups and setting up playdates? Is he lacking in the friend department? Or does every child have an imaginary friend? He wanted me to take a picture of him and Mr. Grinch. {he has his arm around him, if you didn't know.}
Noah has quite the imagination. I don't think I'm so much worried about that aspect of an imaginary friend. I just worry he doesn't have much interaction with other kids. He's a funny kid, that Noah.
1 week ago









4 comments:
Noah has a great imagination is all! He really kept in character for a long time. Too funny that you looked behind you for a real person! What a cute boy! If he weren't so young he might enjoy the movie "Harvey", where Jimmy Stewart has an imaginary rabbit friend!
What a cute story! I love that little picture of him and the Grinch too. At least his imaginary friend doesn't fight with him and make bigger messes like a playdate would. :)
Maybe Madeline's "husband", Noah and "the Grinch" can get together for some lunch. I don't know if they'll all fit in the same car...but her husband's mother, and four baby brothers often all pile in the car with us, so it goes without say that several imaginary people can fit in the car at the same time.
Flash! Do you think Noah is playing smart by befriending Mr. Grinch this particular time of year? Didn't he watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas just before The Grinch became his buddy? When I was 5 I started thinking there was no Santa Claus but just in case there might be, I said I BELIEVED IN SANTA! I was taking no chances, ditto Noah and that awful present-stealer Mr. Grinch. Noah is a suck-up!
Nana loves her smart boy!
Post a Comment