He’s finally here! A little late, but that’s alright. Baby Jacob Maxwell was born at 3:40 AM, this morning the 19th.
I had a doctor’s appointment on Thursday in the morning. My mom and Cory came into town on Wednesday night, so they stayed home with the kids while Adam and I went to the doctor. It was supposed to be the day to schedule the induction. I was monitored, and nothing was happening. No contractions. No nothing. So, the doctor called the hospital to schedule a time. He thought it would be like Friday or Saturday before they got me in. But…I had hope. He got off the phone, and said we could go as soon as we were ready. Yay! We went home and got the kids ready with what they needed, got everything ready to go. And then made a quick stop to In N’ Out Burger. I figured it was going to be my last meal for a while…I wouldn’t be able to eat the entire time I was there…and a greasy hamburger sounded oh so good! And it was.
We got to the hospital around noon. I was only still about a 3. They gave me Cervidil, which softens the cervix to make it more workable. The only problem with it, you have to keep it in for 12 hours, lying down. Oh, it was fun. I haven’t just sat and watched TV in a long time. It was very boring. We watched a lot of Food Network and HGTV. Adam loved it. My contractions started getting closer and closer and stronger. By about 1 in the morning the Cervidil decided to fall out. Luckily I was already contracting on my own about 3-4 minutes apart. I couldn’t really feel them. I thought I was just lucky and wouldn’t feel the pain. Ha…that was a joke. They put me on the lowest Pitocin dose, and they got VERY intense. They hurt so freakin bad. I can’t believe that I forgot what it felt like and had another one! But I guess that’s why we have more…I had completely forgotten the pain.
Since it was my 3rd baby, they didn’t think the Epidural would be worth it. They thought it wouldn’t wear off fast enough, because they figured I would progress faster anyway. So, I opted for an ITN…I don’t remember what they stands for. But, it is just a shot, like an epidural, but you don’t have a tube and catheter. It was nice. Pretty instant relief. I was loving it. No pain. And then around 3 the nurse checked me again. I was like a 6. Ten minutes later I was an 8. A few minutes later I was a 10. It was finally time to push…BUT, the ITN was wearing off. I could feel everything. I haven’t ever screamed during labor before, until this morning. I could feel all of the pressure and the pain. And then the doctor wasn’t there yet. The nurse told me I couldn’t push. His head was out, and they told me not to push. Are you kidding me? I HAD to push. There was no way around it. So, I pushed. He came out before the doctor got there! His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, and his heart rate was dropping, so really, I HAD to push him out.
He looked so little. I thought they would say he was like 7 pounds or something, He just seemed littler than Noah and Macie did. Oh no…he was 8 pounds 6 ounces! I felt so good after labor. Just itchy. But I didn’t have the wearing off effects of the epidural that I had had before. It was nice. I had waited all this time, and the baby was FINALLY out. I was exhausted, but so excited to see him.
Jacob is a healthy baby. He nursed right after birth, latched on and everything. He’s only cried a few times. I better enjoy it while that lasts! I do miss the Rexburg hospital, however. I have to share a room. We are a total minority here, and my roommate doesn’t speak English…it’s interesting. But, we get to go home tomorrow morning, so that’s good!
When the kids came this morning to see him, they were so excited. Macie liked him from a distance, but Noah ate him up! He LOVES him. He giggled and smiled the whole time. Macie finally warmed up to him…but not to me. She is going to be so sad when my Mom leaves. It’s sad. It was the longest I have been away from her, and then she didn’t even want to go to me or look at me. She’ll come around, I’m sure, but it’s so sad! Noah is just excited for Baby Jacob to come to his house.
So, we have a healthy baby boy, healthy Momma – it’s good. Now if we can get through the night. He’s been sleeping ALL day. I’m in for it tonight. And tomorrow we go home!
1 week ago









13 comments:
Congratulations! So glad to hear that everything went ok and he is finally here! He looks like a cute little one. I was afraid you were going to have a 10 pounder.
You are a rock star. He is adorable!
he is darling! you look great! way to be a tough woman! I can't believe you have 3 kids!! so glad he's here, you're home and 5 days til Christmas! love you guys
Woohoo! Congratulations on a beautiful #3! We're glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
We are loving these pictures!! "Look at that baby!" "Look at those cheeks!" Thanks for posting eye candy for the girls and me. wish i was there.
-Aunt Kimberlee
Congratulations! He's handsome :-)
Congratulations! He's such a cute baby - and I love the name. We're going in tomorrow for my c-section. So funny that Macie and Hailey are just a week apart, and Jacob and our new one will only be a few days apart. Congrats again!
I am so excited for you! He is adorable :) I am so glad everything went so good for you and baby Jacob! And you look wonderful!
Congratulations! I'm so glad Jacob decided to join us here on the outside. He is definitely your child - he looks just like Noah! Sounds like you believe me now about the wonderful experience to be had at our lovely hospital. I'm glad it all turned out alright though. See you at Story time!
Congrats!!! He is adorable. Glad he decided to finally make an appearance. You look great by the way!
oh congratulations! he is sooo handsome! you are a very strong mommy :). i am happy to know you are healthy and happy.
WOW! Congratu-stinkin'-lations! He is adorable! Look at your fun little family of 5! I love that picture of you all by the Christmas tree! That's awesome that your mom and Cory were there to help out! I saw your dad on ... Friday? And found out about baby Jacob before you posted your blog! Such a proud grandpa!
Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. He is such a cute baby!
Post a Comment