Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Twilight



I finally saw it. I didn't join the millions of other who saw it on opening night. I didn't even see it opening weekend. But, I saw it. And I was the only one in the theater. I don't like going places alone. I really don't even like to go to the store by myself. It's nice to have someone else there with you. But, Adam suggested that I go to the movie because it could be my last chance I have to do something by myself for a while! The kids were asleep, and since I've become an insomniac these days, I went to the 9:35 showing of Twilight. I kept waiting for at least one other person to come into the theater. Nope. No one. Just me. They were probably mad that they had to actually play the movie for one person. But, oh well!

Did I like the movie? Well...it did follow the book very well. It was good. There were some cheesy parts, like many others have said. There were a lot of close ups of Bella...and I didn't think she was the most attractive. Jacob wasn't a good actor. But, it was good. I'm glad I went to it. There is something about watching a movie of a book that you read. You just have to go. Maybe it's just me, because I never read books, so for me to read a book if a pretty big deal! There obviously has to be another movie for the next book, right? Maybe since this one did so well they will have more money to make the next one even better.

It was weird to go by myself, and only get one ticket. Honestly, I haven't ever gone to a movie alone before. I kind of felt like a loser. But, it was nice to have some quiet time that I could just sit there and watch a movie and not have to be constantly getting up to get something, or be a referee, or having to clean my house. I love being a mother, and I love my kids...but even a few hours alone is nice. So, thanks, Adam, for making me go to the movie!

4 comments:

Lefty said...

I have gone to the movies by myself twice. I loved it. I'm sexy, a great conversationalist (though I don't talk too much during the movie), I know that I'm going to hold my hands (which are soft and lightly scented) and I don't hog the candy.

My only dilemma: because I have such a great sense of humor, sometimes I laugh (which I do loudly) and I'm the only in the theatre one who got the joke (esp. if it is a book put to a movie).

As for Twilight, I agree with you on all the things. I'm not a big fan of the movie, come to think of it, I'm not a HUGE fan of the books either. I do like the story, mostly. But just to clarify, Bella isn't suppose to be glamorous, just normal, average. If they wanted someone hot, they would have had you or me up there on screen.

Andrea Grover said...

All moms everywhere understand that it's nice to have a few moments to yourself. But I must say ... Twilight at 9:35? I couldn't make it. Too sappy, too late.

I did the take-myself-to-a-movie thing once, but it was a misunderstanding. I was supposed to meet a bunch of friends to see Finding Nemo at the drive-in, but it was too crazy-busy, and I never found anyone. I just sat in the back of my parents' pickup eating a huge bowl of popcorn by myself. Hey, wait a minute ... maybe they never showed up. Maybe they never INTENDED on showing up. Maybe that was a message that I was a loser and needed to find other people to bother ...

Brooke said...

Remember when you and I went to Rush Hour at the paramount after work at JCPenney? You and I were the only two in the theater. And we were HYPER! We were climbing all over seats and pacing the aisles and stuff ... oh man! Good times! I'm sure the vision of a 9 month pregnant woman alone in an entire theater was pretty entertaining. I can just picture it. I'm glad you had fun. I felt the same about the movie AND the book. Not impressed. I never even finished the book. Got halfway and couldn't do it. I don't see what all the hype is about. And I LOVE to read! Just not that junk.

thechristensens said...

I don't think that was me, Brooke. I don't remember even seeing Rush Hour...