Am I mad? No. Am I disappointed? A little. Am I uncomfortable? YES! When will this baby come out? I've passed the "original" due date, and on to the second one. I don't think he's ever coming out. According to all of the appropriate dates, that are used to determine your baby's due date, I should have been due on November 26th. That was 10 whole days ago. But, when I first found out I was pregnant, and had my first ultrasound, they originally suspected twins. They heard two heartbeats and everything. And then the ultrasound wasn't clear, they thought they saw two...but it was still too early. The next month, they found only one baby and one heartbeat, but there was scar tissue {I think that's what they referred to it as.} which was probably from another baby that was there. Hence, why my baby was probably smaller than your average fetus...there could have been two of them fighting in there. So when the doctor told me that my baby was only 5 weeks along, I just laughed at him. I had been sick so about 4 weeks longer than that. I couldn't only be 5 weeks. I had a belly already. You could tell I was pregnant. But, the new doctors I've been going to since August, don't listen, either. They still go by the December 9 due date, and may possibly go by the December 16 due date that the doctors in Palmdale recorded. The Palmdale doctors just BARELY faxed over my records last Friday. They are really on the ball, aren't they? Sorry...I'm really just ranting, but I'm ready to have this baby. If my due date were the 26th of November, couldn't there be harm to my baby letting him stay in there longer than 10 days? I don't think I can go into labor on my own. I didn't with Noah, and when I went in to be induced with Macie two weeks early, I was dilated to a 4, but not contracting at all. I don't think my body will go into labor itself. Is that possible? That waiting game just isn't fun anymore. Every night before I go to bed I get everything ready, just in case. I lay out the kids clothes, make sure there are enough diapers in the bag for Macie, double check my bag...but to no avail. I'm still at home, with no baby. I have, however, been able to do a lot of things I probably wouldn't have been able to do with a baby, so that's been good. But ya know what? I'm done. Get him out. I think I'll go on a few 5 mile walks today! Maybe that'll get things going! I'm going to go on a blog strike until the baby is born...no more posts until I can post a baby picture! Maybe that will work! Now, to buy the castor oil...
1 month ago









8 comments:
I know the desperation feeling driving you to castor oil! Unfortunatley castor oil (twice) and 5 mile walks were to no avail for me to have Max...I still had to be induced! I'm crossing my fingers it works for you!! I hope to see baby pictures SOON! :-)
Oh you poor thing! I keep checking your blog to see if there is any baby news because I thought for sure he would be here by now! I need your new address because I am sending my christmas cards out this week!!
Hang in there! Or maybe tell the baby to quit hanging in there.
Oh, sweetie!!! I am so sorry. We will be praying for you and baby Jacob to be healthy and HERE SOON!!!!!!
Linz, weren't you born like a month late? For some reason, I remember us talking about this back in high school! Am I just imagining this? Maybe he's trying to give you a little of what your mom went through with you! ;^)
Hey Lindsey. I keep checking your blog to see pictures of baby Jacob! Hopefully soon. I need your address to mail you a Christmas card. Send me an email at mcole@vandals.uidaho.edu or michael at babygorilla_44@hotmail.com. Hang in there.
Is he moving around and active and healthy? I don't want to alarm you...i just worry because that is what I do.
Castor oil will not induce labor, just give you diarhhea...unless diarrhea's nerve irritation induces labor...
it's way too late for me to comment on blogs. i love you. hang in there. be assertive with your doctors and start calling them daily, begging them to induce you...they'll eventually just want to get it over with. Seriously: aggressively assertive.
There should be a special mall store where a woman who is approaching the 11-month of gestation can go and toss pottery against a wall, or pick up a sledge hammer and bust up stuff. The boring Chinese water torture of waiting, waiting, just gets to be too much! We're with you in spirit, think about you every hour of the day and night. Much love and all our prayers go out to you and baby Jacob.
Carol and Bryan aka Nana and Papa
Post a Comment