So, update on Macie's hand. Poor girl. I know that it probably hurts! I have been putting cream on it, and covering it with a light layer of gauze just to keep it protected. The blisters have like merged together, forming a huge blister. Kind of gross, really.
She had another on her other finger than was pretty big, but it popped last night. It's gross, because the blisters jiggle. There is so much crap in there. Yuck. She is really good about it though. She doesn't play with it or anything, and holds up that hand when she is playing and eating. And it's her right hand. She very ambidextrous, that girl...or amphibious as Shawn Kemp would have said {it was Shawn Kemp, wasn't it??} Anyway. We ran out of the gauze this morning. We went to Target to get more, and what do ya know? As my luck would have it, the blister popped. Just to tell you how gross it was, there was a puddle on the ground. Yes, she was crouched on the ground looking at something, so she was close to the ground. It was gross. A puddle. And then her long sleeved shirt was soaked up to the elbow...yellow puss. Sorry for the detail...it just adds to the value of the story! I rushed home to get her changed so we could make it for story time at the library for Noah. She didn't seem too concerned about her hand dripping with crap. I found these blister bandaids and covered it up while we were out, I don't want the open wound to get infected. But then, do I let it air out, or what? I want it to heal. I don't know...I'm no nurse. Where is my grandma, Myrt, when I need her? I need her to look at the burn and then just tell me what to do! I'll see how keen my motherly instincts are!
So that's the burn update. All the blisters popped...hopefully it will heal, poor girl.
1 week ago









4 comments:
Ouch, that looks painful. Hope it heals REALLY soon!!!
Can you buy a spray disinfectant that's cooling? After that I'd leave it open to drain and dry out. But then I'm not Myrt! And remember that awful Target incident when they asked you to leave because Noah was crying so loud? Well, I think Macie's puddle was great retribution (assuming it happened in the Target store)! Macie is a good little patient! Look at that smile!
Carol
You need to get her burn looked at that looks really bad. When I worked in wound care they use to peel the skin off the burn completely and wash it with special soap, then disinfect the burn and put special antibiotic cream on it that you can only get from a prescription. That does not look good. I am not Mert either but I am a nurse and that looks really red and red usually means infection. Let us know what happens with that poor girl :(
Yikes! I would taker her to the doctor, just because I am super paranoid about infections and that I am doing something wrong. I hope that it heals up soon!
Post a Comment