I am officially brain dead, I think. This pregnancy has really made me, well...for lack of a nicer way to put it, dumb! I don't think it was as bad as with the others. But, you have all heard of the pregnant mind...and how some women have very boggled minds. Well, my mind is just gone. I blame it on being overdue. My theory: The longer you're pregnant, the less brain power you have. The baby takes it all, I guess!
Our rent is due no later than the 5th of every month. Like most rent. I made sure to put it in the mail on the 4th, it would be postmarked the 4th, and our landlord would most likely get it on the 5th, as she lives in the next city north. The 8th came along. She e-mailed Adam, our rent was late. She hadn't gotten it. I was really confused. I mailed it...why hadn't she gotten it? I checked the mail the next day, and sure enough in the mailbox was my rent envelope with a big red stamp on it saying MISSING POSTAGE. How embarrassing! How in the world had I forgotten the stamp? So, I sent it again, now like a week late. We get another e-mail from our landlord. When I wrote out the check, I wrote the right amount in the little box, but when I wrote it out I wrote it for 90 bucks less. Goodness, wasn't it bad enough I forgot the stamp, and then I had to write it for the wrong amount. I'll be very grateful for my mind back.
1 week ago









2 comments:
I'd shut down the computer, brushed my teeth, got my reading material, ready to climb in for the night. WAIT! I forgot to check L's blog to see what's cookin'. Certainly not Jacob, and I don't want to talk to you and ask one more time "How are you feeling today?". You might wish to kill me and I want you to like/love me!! I was two weeks overdue with my first baby--Heidi--and was sure she would be talking at birth! We love you, keep you and Jacob in our prayers.You are such a trooper--like you have a choice, right?! Good night now, I got my Lindsay-fix!
My g.p.a. dropped my last semester of college with my pregnancy of Madeline. I couldn't organize, prioritize, categorize, memorize or apply material I needed to learn. Straight B's that semester. Ugh. I still am resentful. My cummulative gpa was .005 under my goal. I don't think this comment helps you at all.
But I know how horrible it is to explain to another soul that you are really sorry (or in my case, to a teacher explaining that I was studying but my brain wouldn't allow any comprehension)...the humiliation of mistakes that you normally wouldn't make. I think pregnancy prepares us for the humility of parenthood. Have Adam rub your feet and ankles tonight. You need some pampering.
Post a Comment