If you notice my little baby thing on the side of our blog, the days are going back up. Yesterday I was at 0 days left. Today there is 1. I guess it starts adding once you are past due. Kinda funny. Yes. I am officially one day over due according to the doctor's due date. 11 days past due according to MY original due date! And I haven't progressed at all. Originally when I went in on Monday the doctor told me that he would pull my cervix down today when I went in, because it wasn't doing anything on its own. So I went in today, still nothing. And because of the still nothing, the doctor decided he wasn't going to pull the cervix down. He was hoping that by stripping my membranes it would help get things started. No such luck. And to avoid the excruciating of having your cervix pulled down, he opted to wait. Oh, I tried to protest. I told him I didn't care that it hurt. I was willing to do anything. But, to prevent any further damage, we're going to wait. These last few weeks have been killer. And all because the doctor told me that I wouldn't go to my due date...I'd go much before because I was already dilated and the baby was in position, and I was measuring 3 weeks early...that was like a whole month ago!! I don't think doctors should tell you things like that. Especially when you're pregnant. It's not fair. They don't really know when it will actually happen. They should just keep their mouths shut until something major happens. I even bought a Thanksgiving outfit for him. That was my jinx, I guess. The extra time, however, just gives us more time to find a middle name for the little guy. Hopefully he comes soon. I don't go back to the doctor until Monday. Which means another week of church. I love church, don't get me wrong...I just don't want people to come up to me and say, "You haven't had that baby, yet?" Okay...no. Obviously. 22 people asked me about it on Sunday. 22. I hope I don't have to go through that again!!
Everything is fine with the baby. His heartrate it great. He's moving around...nonstop moving, so that's a good sign. He's just enjoying life in the womb. Maybe he's a little nervous about having two older siblings, like your mother is. But everything will be okay, Baby Jacob. You can come out now. Today. {this is what kind of pictures you get when Noah takes control of the camera. I usually don't have a head. Oh well...maybe it's better that way!}
1 month ago









6 comments:
I'm sorry! And if people have to ask if you've had your baby, they need glasses. That is the most annoying question on earth to ask a pregnant woman. That followed by asking if she has done X amount of things to try and induce labor.
Poor Lindsay. Yes, those darn male doctors don't have a clue with their guesses! And then expectations are set up. Next baby go to a doctor who has a vagina. (Can you use that word on blogs?) Think of these coming days as last-minute quality time with your two busy children and the Tall Guy! Take care of you. xoxo
You could have said a "female" nurse but that wouldn't be very "Christensen" like. Right Kim?
I am so sorry! I feel so bad for you. I keep thinking everyday when I check your blog that it will be a picture of a new baby. It will be soon, that baby can't stay in there forever.
Oh, Lindsay! How well I understand your dilema! Why do obs feel the need to raise our expectations so high and then disappoint us? Maybe you'll have to resort to the veiled threat I gave when Will was almost one month overdue by the original due date, and tell the doc that it's okay you're still pregnant, you can just go home and perform your own C-section in the kitchen! :)
As Natalie said, the baby can't stay in there forever! He will eventually have to be born, one way or the other. Take care sis!
Of course you would blame Jacob's late arrival on things you've done: you're a woman. But really, you didn't jinx anything. Not your fault.
You know whose fault it is? The doctor with a penis'. (Or shoulld I have said scrotum? Well, any male genetalia.) It's his fault.
...that last bit was for Adam.
Post a Comment