Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm huge.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It was the dreaded rHogham shot visit. If only Adam didn't have positive blood...I wouldn't have to worry about the dang shot. That should be one of the questions you ask a guy when you're dating, what blood type he is. If only I would have known! Just kidding! I wouldn't trade Adam anyway. But this shot always gives me a huge bruise when the give it in my arm. And I was prepared for that. And then the nurse came in with the needle, I had my shirt sleeve up, and she's like, "This will be in your bottom." My bottom? Oh great, then I was less excited about it. When that needle goes in and you can actually feel the stuff going in, it's not a pleasant experience. But, it's only one shot. I shouldn't complain. I know people who have to shoot themselves up everyday (and not the druggies!)


But, the doctor measured by belly. Looked at me and said, "How are you feeling?" I'm like well, I could go on and on, but I'm really just uncomfortable. He measured again, and then looked at my chart again. Yeah...I'm huge. I'm measuring 3 and a half weeks earlier than most pregnancies. My belly may not look that big in the pictures, but trust me, I'm huge. It's a weird shape these days. The baby has no more room, and so he just sticks out everywhere. Sometimes I have an alienish belly. I don't know how to explain it better than that. I tried taking pictures, but it didn't work. It just sticks out on both sides. It's weird. But there isn't any more room for him to grow. I have to go in for another ultrasound to see how big the baby is. But, I'm skeptical about those measurements from an ultrasound. Macie was supposedly a 5 pound baby, if that. And that was the day before I had the 8 pound 1 ounce booger that she was! So, we will see. For now, I'll just keep getting bigger, and wait. If I can cut 3 and half weeks off my pregnancy, I'll do it. As long as the baby is alright, cut as much as you'd like off! I'm game.

4 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

You're lucky they gave it in your arm before. They did it in my hip both times and I bruised too. THat would be so exciting if they cut off that much time!! I don't trust the doctors and their measurements either, for the same reason as you. Keely was 8 pounds at the most, and low and behold she was 9 1/2.

Toni said...

Wow, you are big, but it is sure cute! Hope this baby comes as soon as would be safe for him.

Adam said...

Props to Noah for his photography skills! Runs in the family!!!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I feel for you. I looked about the same. Hope your baby decides to come early!