Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Jacob


I had an ultrasound appointment today. Two weeks ago, the doctor told me that I was measuring three and a half weeks early. Today, with the ultrasound, I'm back again at the December 9th due date. Supposedly he is 4 1/2 pounds. I still have 7 weeks to go! He is going to be a huge baby if he waits until his due date! I don't know if I can handle it! Adam was 9 lbs. 11 oz. That's a big baby! I'm a little worried. Macie was 8lbs. 1 oz, and 2 weeks early. Noah was 8 lbs. 1 oz. and a week late...another 8 pounder will be fine by me! But, everything is going well. He's got a little head, which I'm okay with! The umbilical cord is pretty long, so I'll have an ultrasound every appointment until he's born so they can keep an eye on that. He moves around ALL of the time, but of course, during the ultrasound he didn't move at all! They wanted to get more pictures, but he didn't want to move! I've never had 3D ultrasound before. It was kinda cool. I definately wouldn't pay extra for it, though...it's just an ultrasound, ya know? But from the picture, he's already got some cheeks! We'll see if he's a big boy like Macie or just solid like Noah! So, I guess I'll just have to keep waiting. The third pregnancy is a lot harder! I just want him out! I know what to expect already...I just want the baby! And then having to chase around Noah and Macie all of the time, I'm just hurting all of the time and exhausted! It's all worth it though! The kids are becoming more and more independent, which is such a blessing! Macie doesn't have to have me there with her all of the time as much any more! They can actually play together. Hopefully it will last!

3 comments:

Cole Family said...

Hey guys. I loved Benson's 3D pictures. We payed extra for them and now that I think about it there are cute pictures but not worth how much we paid for them. Benson was horrible during every ultrasound I had. He would not move and just stayed curled up in a corner with his head down. I never really got any cute pictures but a few ok pictures. Did you guys decide on Jacob or is that just what Noah still calls him? I like the name Noah. Maybe a biblical name would be good since you already have a Noah. We need to plan a trip to see each other sometime soon. Maybe we'll see you guys in the spring or summer. We are moving to Rexburg in December and will be there at least a year and who knows maybe longer. Check my blog in a few days for my answers to your tag.

Lefty said...

Awwwhhh, thanks for posting that cheeky Jacob! Don't worry--Madeline was 9 lbs 11 oz where Annalise was only 7 lbs 1 oz. (By the way, why is ounces shortened to oz and pounds, lbs? there is no lb in pounds and z in ouce...I know, i'm sure it's another language or something...but what is the answer?)
With Annalise, the first and petite one, I pushed 2 1/2 hours. With Maddie, 8 pushes! Only 3 contractions! So easy. ...of course, the epidural didn't hurt either. I felt more with Maddie though, because they did a better job tapering the coctail so I could feel all the pressure. It's amazing how much pushing helps with that pain.
I just remember when they told me how big she was, after I realized they weren't joking, that I was in the "9-11 club" with my mom, since both Heidi and Adam were that big.
The point to this long "comment"? You'll be fine no matter the size.

Talia said...

How cute! And you're almost there, don't worry! I know, that third baby seems the hardest, but he'll be here before you know and then life is crazy! But I love it. Our Lauren is so sweet. Maybe that's why I love having three?? She really is a good baby. Good luck with the final weeks!