Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

 

My kids LOVE Halloween. I have the morbid kids that like to play with all of the Halloween stuff at the store. And push the button to the bloody bride, who takes her head off as she says, "Til Death do us part." Or the scary monster who removes his face to show just a skeleton with creepy eyes. All of the other kids run and scream. Oh no, not mine. They laugh and laugh. They think it's great. I even bough Halloween decorations for Noah's bedroom. They are pirates, but they are skeletons! Halloween just doesn't scare them. I don't know why. It's weird. But they are very excited that today is Halloween.

I was putting Noah to bed last night, reading him a story, and singing a song. When he was saying his prayer, he said, "bless that tomorrow is Halloween." It was funny. Then he told me he couldn't sleep because he was excited. That boy. And then as soon as he woke up this morning, I heard him running full speed into our room yelling, "It's HALLOWEEN!" Of course, waking Macie up, but she didn't care. She sat right up, "Halloween?" Oh man, they're excited. They couldn't eat their breakfast fast enough so they could put on their Halloween shirts. I love my kids, they are the greatest ever!

We're going to the ward trunk or treat tonight. It should be fun. Those things are perfect for those little kids with the little legs. They don't have to walk far, and it's a heck of a lot safer than door to door these days! We may do a little door to door around our neighborhood, it seems pretty safe. We'll see! I'll post more of the festivites later, costumes and all. Macie has decided that she no longer wants to be Belle. In fact, she REFUSES to put the costume on. She wants to be a witch. Noah has told me that his costume, Buzz Lightyear, isn't scary enough. Oh well...it's what you got, bud! Enjoy the fun. And have a safe and Happy Halloween!

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Buzz Lightyear isn't really very scary. I'd have to agree with Noah. But the decapitated bride sounds scary! That's hilarious that they get such a kick out of it! I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do for Halloween. Too old to go trick or treating, and I have no kids to take on my own! Guess I'm answering the door this year!

Andrea Grover said...

Bekah is fascinated by the Halloween decorations at the stores, but Ana gets very worried and starts whining, so I don't let Bekah look for too long.

As for costumes, our girls are not going to be the least bit scary. Bekah decided months ago she'd be a cowboy (everyone has to correct me and say that she's being a cowGIRL, but that's not what Bekah says), so Analee gets to be the cow.

brittanyandtravis said...

The day I finished making Chloe's costume she no longer wanted to be fancy nancy. So we just made up another name for it so she would wear it.