About a year ago, Noah decided that he really liked pirates. And he wanted a pirate room. I found some really cute flannel and started collecting lots of pirate things to complete the pirate room. Well, all of that stuff sat in a box forever, and I never did anything with it. I'm such a slacker. I have such high hopes and ideas, but I never actually do them. But, I am proud to say, I finished one thing! I finally made Noah his pirate blanket! I'm pretty excited about it. I wanted to actually quilt it, but I decided that if it was a quilt, it would be harder, and I don't have the quilting skills to make it look good anyway, I don't have to frame and all that. So I opted on a duvet cover for the comforter he already had. And it worked pretty well. I used the fabric from the crib bedding, so Noah and the new baby will have matching beds. I even have enough flannel left over to make the baby his own pirate blanket. And now if I could just get my butt into gear and complete the pirate room, everyone would be happy. Noah asks about it all of the time.
The pictures arent't the greatest content, or quality. I don't know what's up with my camera these days, it doesn't take as good of pictures sometimes. I think I need a new one, maybe a Rebel. (that's a hint, Adam!Ü) But, eventhough the pictures aren't so good, I'm happy with the final product. It took me a while, but after lots of pinning, sewing, and just looking at it, it finally got done. I didn't know how to make the mitered edges, but it worked out alright. I'm not a seamstress by any means, so I just figure things out how I think they should be done. One day I'll be an expert. One day.
2 weeks ago










1 comments:
way to go!
Post a Comment