Monday, June 9, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Bears...Oh my!






On Saturday we ventured down to LA to go to the zoo with our friends, the Barkers. Noah and Macie loved it. They love animals and making animal noises. On the way there we asked Noah what he was most excited to see, and he told us he wanted to see cows! Luckily, there were much better animals than cows at the zoo! His favorite animal were the tigers. It was so dang hot, however, so none of the animals were really even out. The tiger babies were pretty active and playing around, so Noah got to see them. I think that Noah is the perfect age for the zoo. He doesn't need a stroller anymore, he can just walk, he knows all of the animals, and is just a good boy! It was a little harder with Macie, having to keep putting her in the stroller and taking her out. And half the time she could see the animals anyway, because you had to really search for some of them! But it was fun. Both kids really enjoyed it. We were able to spend time with our friends, too. Which was fun. I was miserably sick, but that's another story! The saddest part of the whole trip was as we were walking toward the exit. Noah had been carrying around his C3PO car he got at Disneyland all day long. He always is really good about holding on to things. He had a bag of grapes that he was done with, and so he was being a good little boy and was going to throw it away, but he bag and the car were in the same hand, and the car ended up in the garbage. It was pretty traumatic for the boy! But he reassured himself that he would get another one. So then he was happy. Oh, boys and their cars!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

so, you didn't dig the car out of the trash can? Looks like a lot of fun! And your hair is so cute! Thanks for the late birthday wishes! You're right, we are SO overdue! If we've missed 8 birthdays, then we're at 16 between the two of us! That's a lot of pitchers of water to drink! That's okay, I'm a camel, watch me! ;-) Linz, I miss you BUNCHES! When are you coming to Idaho or Utah next? Or better yet, how often do you go to Disneyland? Can you even go on rides now that you're prego again? And sick?! EW. Maybe that'd just be miserable for you ... avoiknyk is the word I have to type in order for my post to go through. Just thought I'd share.
We need to get together.

brittanyandtravis said...

It looks like fun! I hope you feel better. I hate the pregnancy sickness!

Lefty said...

Your hair is cute, Lindsay! I don't think I've ever seen it that short. Give us all a picture of your belly--well, dressed, please... Just a picture of you, sideways or something. Sorry you've been so sick.