Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Being sick sucks.

I really don't remember the last day that there wasn't a sick person in our house. With the pregnancy and being totally sick and throwing up everyday, and just being plain sick, and then having the kids have their sicknesses, we've just been a sick house for a while! On our recent trip to Idaho, Macie and Noah both came down with colds. And were coughing and sneezing, had runny noses, Macie a lot more than Noah. And then they got pink eye. Pink eye is not fun. Having to wash their hands every five minutes and keep pestering them not to touch their eyes, and then having to take their toys away that can't easily be sanitized, and then the drops...it's torture for these little kids, and even for their moms! On our last day in Idaho, Macie woke up with her eyes totally sealed shut with a ton of that mucus crap. It was so sad. She didn't cry, though, she just tried to open her eyes, and when she couldn't, she just went back to sleep for a little while. After doing this a few times, she kind of got a little annoyed, but let me wipe away the crusty crap. And then we had to drive home. I wasn't sure if it was totally pink eye at this point...I mean, I was like 90% sure, but I didn't know. But we still washed hands every so often, and used hand sanitizer. It was a LONG trip. I didn't get my medicine for the ride home because I was out of refills and it was stupid, so I had to go without. It was awful. And then the next day was even worse. Not only was I throwing up and nauseous all day long, I was all stuffy from having a cold and having all of that drain down, that wasn't helping at all. And then it just got worse...and worse...and worse! I got the nausea medicine, so that was all good. And the kids got drops for their pink eye, which cleared up in about 2 days, but I got bronchitis, which led to bilateral pneumonia, and then a sinus infection. All at once. Not fun at all. It was, and it is terrible! And all Macie wants to do is nurse. But, if I nurse her, I get so sick. I nearly black out when I stand up after nursing her. I really don't know what to do with her. I try not to nurse her, but then she cries and throws tantrums, and makes herself throw up, it's not a pretty sight! But I don't think I can physically do it anymore! Anyway, I've completely complained about life. I really do like life, just not sick life. I wish it would all just go away and not come back. Being sick sucks.

1 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

I hope you guys get feeling better! I hate pink eye too!