Monday, March 30, 2009

Little girl update

{So, I previously posted about the little girl who was in critical condition in the ICU, and thought I should probably post an update about her, since I asked for prayers and all. }

A miracle has truly taken place. This little girl is a fighter. She had been recovering at a remarkable rate. No one ever thought she would be making the progress that she is. As of last night, one lung was back to its normal function and the other was well on its way there. The doctors had cut the oxygen back by half, and were hoping to have it completely off by today. They put her body in an induced paralysis so she would be able to heal. She contracted pneumonia and was fighting a fever, and they wanted her to be able to rest and get it through her system as quickly as possible. When they do wake her from that, they will be able to assess the brain damage, if any. It really is a miracle that she is at the point she is. I think about her everyday. I think about her mother, and the brave woman that she is. She was able to give her daughter CPR, confidently. Apparently, she had just recently taken a class on it, offered from a guy in her ward. So it was fresh on her mind, and was able to perform it. It really saved her life. Though, it did not resuscitate her completely, it helped get oxygen to her and her brain, which was crucial in something like this. What a blessing that was for her. My heart still goes out to this family for having to endure this ordeal. But, things are looking up. I'm sure the prayers offered on her behalf were heard, and will continue to be heard. She is a fighter and she is fighting hard.

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Glad to hear about her progress. Please keep us posted!

Natalie♥ said...

O my goodness that is so wonderful! I am so happy to hear the good news.