Friday, March 6, 2009

"I don't have a Grandma."

{despite the title, this is really a post that will make Macie's grandma's feel very good about themselves!♥}

Macie and Noah were taking a bath this morning. They play with the Fisher Price Little People Noah's Ark when they are in the tub. Noah decided that it needed to be a bath toy, because boats are supposed to be in the water. How do you argue that, really? So they play with it in the tub. One of the little people is Noah's wife. {does she have a name other than "Noah's Wife"?} Macie held up Noah's wife and asked, "Is this a Grandma?" I assumed so. And then she said with her little look she does, talking out of the corner of her mouth, "I don't have a Grandma." I told her that she had two grandmas. "Nope, I have a Nana and a Momo, not a grandma." Very true, however, we don't call either one "Grandma." When I explained to her that her Momo and her Nana were her grandma's, she said, "No, they don't have gray hair. They not old."


{don't worry, I'll wait a while to teach her about hair dye...you're safe for a while! ;-)}

1 comments:

carol said...

That Macie! I think of her every single day, wondering how on earth I can be in here life--from Seattle? She's a darling, I love her so much. You heard Annalise's description of me? "I'm thinking of someone with blonde hair, red glasses, and wears jackets"! Yes, older plump people wear jackets. But not gray hair!