Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jacob



Jacob is so cute. I know I'm his mother, so I am biased...but really...he's so cute! He's so big and I can't believe he's only like 2 and a half months old. And neither can anyone else. When people stop me in stores to ask how old he is, they are in shock when I say 2 months! He's just a giant. I don't get offended when people comment on how big he is, because I know he's big. I carry him around all day long and feed him. I know he eats a lot. It's kind of sad, because now we have a misconception of how babies are "supposed" to look. All babies are different and grow at their own rates, but we see pictures of babies that are probably a "normal" weight {but who's really to say what's normal anyway??} and we think they are malnourished and starving. We're just so used to these huge chunks we have! I look at pictures of Noah and feel guilty because he was so "skinny", but in all actuality, he was a big kid, too. Not as big as his siblings, but he was always at the top of the charts like in the 95th percentile and we think he was skinny?? Goodness.

BUT...he's growing and changing so much these days. It's so fun to watch babies grow and learn new things. He learns something new everyday. He holds his head up so well. He always has, really. He just looks around. Noah thinks it is the best thing ever to watch Jacob look around. He just laughs and laughs. It's great. Jacob also smiles ALL of the time. He started giggling this past week as well. If you laugh at him, he'll laugh back, It's so cute. He's always cooing and moving his arms and legs, like he's doing the back stroke. He appears to be very athletic. He's just a good baby. He rarely cries {usually only when Daddy holds him...he's not Mommy. He can't feed him!} He just hangs out with us all day. Usually I have to hold him or he will fuss or wake up, but it's alright. I really don't mind it. They are only little for a while. And as I've seen with the other two, it goes WAY too fast! So, I'm just going to enjoy holding him while it lasts. Here in a few short months he'll want to be crawling around and on the move, so I'm going to treasure those cuddling moments while they last! I just love this Baby Jacob. He's great. I don't know what we did without him. But, I do know that our house feels more full with him here. He is a great addition to our family.

3 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

That video is cute. :-) I can't believe those cheeks!

carol said...

Thank you for my first 'moving' view of Jacob! It was moving!! I wish I owned a Lear jet, I'd be there by 3pm today!! xoxo

carol said...

Jacob looks like Noah did, in the middle pix. The first picture (smiling) is adorable. What a sweet, beautiful little boy.