Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Barbie turned 50. Last Monday, I believe, was her birthday. Stores had the anniversary Barbie doll on sale for 3 bucks. We never did find one, but luckily my mom did! Thanks, Mom! I had gotten an e-mail at the beginning of the week that Toys R Us was going to be having a birthday party for Barbie. It was perfect. Noah was going to a friends party that day, so Macie could go to Barbie's party. Barbie was going to be there to meet and then you got to decorate hats and cookies. All week I got her excited to go, and she was very excited for Barbie's birthday party. I woke up Saturday morning and thought I should call the store just to make sure they were doing it. I called at 10, the party was at 12. When they answered I said, "Hi, I got an e-mail about a birthday party for Barbie, are you participating in that?" The girl on the other line responded, "No, we are not. Sorry." Disappointed, I hung up the phone.

After I dropped Noah off at his party, I took Macie to Toys R Us anyway, just to look at toys and calm her down because she was so upset that she couldn't go to Barbie's party. As we walk in, they are taking down balloons and things. I asked a worker if they had the Barbie party, and yes they did. I was SO mad. They specifically told me they were not doing it. So, I told them this, and they were like maybe they thought you were talking about the $3 Barbie, we are all out of it. I'm like no, I know what I said and what the girl told me, I was a little upset. But, they gave her the party hat, and she was happy. I was more mad, I think! Dumb girl at Toys R Us!


Anyway, I decided that we needed to have a birthday party that Macie missed. I went home and made cupcakes. In the meantime, Macie fell asleep. So we decided to wait until after church on Sunday. I got a "wonderful" idea to dress up as Macie's Barbie. I got my wedding dress out, and tried it on. The waist fit just fine...it was the upper part that wouldn't zip! Maybe after the nursing days are over it'll fit!;-) It was fun, though. Macie loved it. She loved Mommy's princess Barbie dress! It was very cute to see her little eyes light up when I walked downstairs in it! It was great! We sang a little birthday song and ate cupcakes, all in honor of Barbie!

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

You are one ambitious woman! You can turn any day into a party.

carol said...

How cute are you, you busty thing! What a fun party you tosses--you made fun out of frustration. That Target (Toys R Us??) phone answerer girl should be shot! Alls well that ends well with Mommie solving the dilemma. Macie is glowing in her Barbie celebration state. (even though I don't I don't care for Barbie's sexist/body immage message, it's still fun to play dress up with her!)