Adam and I are addicts. We really like to make No Bake Cookies. You know, the ones with peanut butter and oatmeal. Pure deliciousness, really. We made them all of the time in Rexburg with no problems. But since we have been in California, I can not seem to make them right. I try different recipes...it surprises me how many recipes there are that have like the littlest difference. But, I still can't make them right. They are different every single time. And tonight, they didn't turn out.
As I was spooning them out onto the wax paper, they looked as if they were going to be good. They formed well, everything was good. And then the never really hardened. And they taste like brownie batter, very rich fudgy batter. What happened? They still taste good, and we sure as heck will still eat them, but eating No Bake COOKIES with a fork kind of defeats the whole purpose of a cookie.
If you have an suggestions, feel free to share. For now, I'll go get my spoon...
1 week ago









5 comments:
the difference in altitude?
For sea level going to high altitude you reduce baking powder and sugar and increase liquid. Maybe it goes the other way for a recipe that works at high altitude going down to sea level. ??? Maybe increase sugar and reduce liquid?
I heard doubling the baking powder is the trick for low altitude, who knows.
But regardless, I'm sure they're scrumdiddlyumptious and my taste buds could care less what things look like!
I was going to say the same thing lefty said. I decided to comment since I read your blog all the time but I rarely comment anymore. Good luck!
Here's Adam's childhood 'Russell Stover' knock-off Easter Eggs I always made--No Bake Cookies:
2 c sugar, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c butter (yes! 1 cube), 4 T cocoa.
Mix together in pan, bring to boil--boil 1 min, take off.
Add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 c peanut butter, 3 c oatmeal (OR 1-1/2 c oatmeal and 1-1/2 c shredded coconut--I do this for 'nests' look). Drop on parchment by table- spoonfuls, push thumb into center for tiny jelly bean eggs, let cool. No fail guaranteed! Not much liquid, no baking powder.
Boil your mix for a little longer then it says my recipe I use calls to boil it for 3 minutes I do 4 and let it boil while I'm adding the peanut butter. Gotta be careful though sometimes they turn alittle faster then you'd like. My recipe doesn't call for bakingpowder either.? If that helps at all.
Post a Comment