Jeez...I'm a slacker, I'm so far behind. It's what, the 24th...I'm 5 days late. Oh well, better late than never. {and then I'll do a Father's Day post!}
Jacob is now 6 months old! Where has the time gone? He now grabs everything in sight. Everything goes in his mouth. He's sitting up pretty well, he still topples over occasionally. He's eating foods, and talking so much more. He's always moving. And ALWAYS smiling. He's such a happy baby. He got his shots yesterday, cried for a split second and then was all smiles and giggles. Funny kid.
Last week, he had a little accident involving a bookshelf, a brother, and a book. The book fell from 4 shelves and the spine landed right on his head. Of course, being the most paranoid mother alive, I was scared to death! His eyes were fine, no signs of concussion. He acted alright. He even slept well that night. But the next morning he was acting a little off. I called my mom in tears just hoping that he was going to be okay, I was very worried. I just had an unsettling feeling that I should take him in. I called the doctor, and they got me in right away. I explained the situation, and he looked at his head and said he was fine. No damage had been inflicted. But then he asked if Jake had been feeling sick, and I didn't really think he'd been sick. Just a little off, but still happy and smiling. Turns out he had an ear infection in BOTH ears. Poor little guy! I never would have known! And that is probably the reason why I felt like I should take him to the doctor! I'm glad I listened! With a little bit of antibiotic and Tylenol, he was good to go!
I took him AGAIN to the doctor yesterday for his well baby. 24 pounds 28 inches long! That's my boy!! I just wish time would slow down a bit!
1 week ago









2 comments:
Jake is his Daddy all over again--I took the 3 little kids to the doc because Matt and Kim weren't feeling good. In off-hand way doctor asked if I wanted him to look at Adam's ears also. OK, it won't hurt says I. Turns out both his ears were bright red, much worse than his siblings. I felt guilty because he was so easy going, had never complained. Was I neglecting him? But somehow he thrived despite his mother!
You are a fabulous mommy! Keep on watching out for the little kiddos and reading the signs they give you.
Post a Comment