
I just like to extend the holiday out as long as I possibly can! But, I didn't want to forget to tell all of the Father's in my life, and in our lives, what a blessing they are to us! We love all of you, you're great!
First, Adam. He is the best dad ever! The kids absolutely adore their dad. Whenever Jacob sees him he gets a twinkle in his eye and just grins. It's so cute. Adam can get that kid to sleep in no time! I always joke with him and tell him it's because he's too boring, but maybe Jacob is just so comfortable in his arms that he just sleeps. It's the magic touch, I guess! But, Adam has gotten Jake to laugh some of the best laughs, it's too cute! And Noah and Macie LOVE their Daddy, too. Macie has turned into quite the Daddy's girl. Whenever she gets into trouble and in time out, she always cries, "I want my Dad!" Without fail. The kids love him, he's great!
Next, my dad. I love my dad. It had been so long since I had seen him. Like a year. It was a long time. When we went to Utah for my cousin's wedding, he wasn't able to get off of work. It was so sad. I wanted to see him so bad, and I wanted him to meet Jacob, and the kids wanted to see him, too. But, he couldn't get off work. And then a great idea was developed. He rode the SLASH shuttle from Idaho Falls to Salt Lake on Sunday morning, and we were able to spend the day with him, and then he just drove back with my mom and Cory. It was so great! I'm so grateful that we were able to spend that time with him, as short as it was, it was the best thing ever! I miss my dad. I miss his hugs, and I even miss his recorder playing, and his whistle blowing! Macie just asked the other day when Pa was going to come to her home and watch Dora and JoJo with her. She's got it all planned out! Not to give you any pressure...but you need to come visit, Dad!
Third, Adam's Dad, Bryan. We love you, too! Bryan is a great man! This past visit was so great to be able to do so much with him. We went thinking that it would be a grim visit, and it was anything BUT that! It was great! He is such a funny guy! I'm glad that we were able to spend that summer with them in Seattle when Noah was a baby. I feel like I bonded with Adam's parents so much! It was such a blessing to be able to spend so much time with them! I loved hearing all of Bryan's stories and jokes. They were so entertaining, and I still laugh about them! I loved hearing, "Well, back to the Salt Mines." I miss that time! Noah's first REAL belly laugh was because of Bryan. It was great. We love you Papa, and we can't wait to see you again soon!!
Finally, my Grandpa Ludlow. He is a great man, as well. Noah and Macie love their Great Grandpa, and talk about him daily. They get to excited to see him! And when we look at pictures, Macie always lets out a squeal when we see one of Great Grandpa. We don't get to see them often enough, however. But when we do, it's always a happy time! We have been fortunate enough to see him twice in the past few months...at two different weddings! Thank goodness for weddings! I love my grandpa, I have many memories of him and am so glad that we lived so close and were able to see him and Myrt so much growing up!
We love all of you! And hope that your Father's Day was the best! You certainly are the best Dad's out there!!
{this is what I did for Adam this year. It worked out perfect because we now have 3 kids! He really needed a frame to put in his office. He loved it, of course! That creative wife of his is just amazing! ;-) kidding.}
1 week ago









5 comments:
This was a precious blog to read. We're blessed with great fathers, grandfathers. Thank you for your grateful heart, Lindsay, and your abilities to communicate enobling thoughts!
And p.s.--I loved your artful set up of the D - A - D photos and the Ties (that bind)!! So artistic, you!
What a cute picture, very creative!
I love how the letters turned out. So cute. Nice work ladies!
HOLY COW!! You kids are soo beautiful and so big!! didn't I just see you a few months ago?! We really miss having you guys around and hope you're enjoying the weather and the beauty of your new place!! I have to say I was starting to cry when I read this post and I had to stop reading! no crying!!! you are a sweetheart Lindsay!
Post a Comment