Monday, June 1, 2009

the first haircut.

I did it. I took Macie in for her first haircut. I have been debating it for months! I would talk myself into in and be all for it, and then I would actually say it outloud to someone, and quickly change my mind. I don't know what it is about it. She's my first and only girl, that baby hair seems more sentimental to me, I guess. She has had that hair since birth, well...a tiny bit of it! And it was getting so long. Long and pretty stringy, but it was still long! But, after getting syrup in it and her REFUSING to let me do her hair, I decided it was time. I had been planning to take her to this place here in town called Whipper Snippers, it's just for kids. It seems like a pretty cute place. And I had a coupon. But, the other day she cried and cried because she did not want her haircut. This morning she was all for it and so excited, and I didn't want to lose that, and that place was closed on Mondays. And so the search began. I had a babysitter already for the boys {thanks, Kristyn} and so I HAD to get it done today. I found a salon that not only could get her in right away, but was very reasonably priced. As we drove up, however, the excitement diminished, and she did not want to go in.


I went in wanting the girl to cut an A-line bob. But, I was shot down. The stylist said that Macie's hair wasn't right for that cut yet, since it's still too stringy and fine. I think it would have been fine, but whatever. I had to keep asking her to cut it shorter to get a decent looking cut. I still think it would look even cuter with a little A-line to it. Oh well...that's what I get for not cutting her hair, I guess! And I'm too chicken to even try! Macie hated the entire experience, however. She scowled and cried the whole time. That girl. She really is so happy, but she has like a perma scowl when we're in an unfamiliar place. The cut turned out cute, maybe in a few months I'll take her back to get that a-line cut. I'm sure the look will change a little after it's washed. It makes her look so old, though. She's so cute, though. I love how the short locks enhance her chubby cheeks. Oh, she's just so cute!



She likes it, too. She kept saying, "It's great, Mom!" She couldn't WAIT to show Noah and Daddy. She's growing up. Growing up WAY too fast.

4 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

I was too scared to attempt Bekah's first haircut too. But since the first one, I've been her stylist. Give it a try! :-)

brittanyandtravis said...

What a cutie! I still haven't cut Chloe's hair. It just took SO LONG for her to get any hair, I feel bad cutting it. Maybe sometime this summer...

carol said...

Macie looks darling--and I love her passionate nature!! Maybe she'll be an actress someday. I miss her so much, give her a huge hug from Nana!

carol said...

We mailed the knitted pink cap finally! Take a picture of her wearing it and post it on the blog for me to see! I hope it fits.