Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Choo Choo

My mom and brother came to visit for one last harrah before Cory started college. We decided to go to Disneyland and take advantage of their annual passes before they expired. But, since we don't live as close, and with gas so much, I took the kids on a train ride to Fullerton, which is very close to Disneyland. Noah and Macie were so excited to ride on the train, they talked about it for days! I was a little nervous since I'd have the double jogger, two car seats, a baby in my belly, a toddler, and a preschooler running around. But, we managed to get on the train with the help of Adam!


We got on the train at 7:10 AM. We didn't get to Fullerton until 12:55. It was a LONG ride. But it was fun. The tracks run right along the coast, so for the majority of the ride we were watching the ocean, or what we could see of the ocean through the morning fog. But, Noah informed me that I brought all the wrong toys and books. But, it was a fun experience.



When you are on the train, they give you like 20 minutes notice before your stop, so you can gather your stuff and get off the train. They run on a pretty strict schedule. So, I told the train guy that my stroller was below with the bikes if he could make sure it was ready. He told me he would. No one told me that I had to enter the train at a certain door, and then get off on another door. So, I put the carseats on the luggage rack at the door I got on. I couldn't get that way on the way out. So I had to lug two kids out and then get back on the train to get the carseats, they weren't happy with me. And on my way out the first time I had them make sure to get my stroller. They said it would be waiting for me. And then the train left. My stroller wasn't there. I was DEVASTATED. That stroller is like my pride and joy. I love that stroller. And pretty much all they told me was they weren't liable for lost things. They said it wasn't on the train, and I was just out of luck. That was a $500 stroller. I sobbed. A guy came from the background of it all and felt bad for me, I guess, and told me to meet him at the ticket office, and they would have someone look through the train again to find it. LUCKILY, they found it! The BOB wasn't lost after all. I'll post about the BOB another day, but it's the BEST stroller around, if I would have lost it, I would have been very sad. We had to wait about an hour for the stroller to get on another train back to the station. But, we were reunited, and it felt so good.

0 comments: