Friday, September 5, 2008

Cory's all grown up?


I called my mom, like I pretty much do everyday...multiple times a day...and she was in Rexburg at Cory's apartment. It was the strangest sounding thing. Cory's apartment? Holy crap, he's going to college! I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like very long ago when he came home from Kindergarten to tell my mom that he heard a very bad word at school that day. She dreaded knowing what he learned. And he refused to tell her. He said it was very bad, and it started with a "b". My mom was pretty sure she knew what it was, but she wanted him to tell her so they could talk about it. But he didn't want to say it. He finally whispered it into her ear. He said, "It was brat." If only that was the worst "b" word there was! But he he was so innocent and so cute. And now he has an apartment, and living away from home, and going to college? Okay, he's still pretty cute, but do old! Good luck, Corihor. Have fun at school.

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Crazy, indeed. I couldn't believe it when I saw him at Bonneville when I was teaching. Don't friends' younger siblings stay little forever?

I saw your parents at Target today. It was fun to say hi.

Brooke said...

I'm with you and Andrea! I remember asking Cory to sing Britney Spears! Tycy Riggin is in Rexburg, too! I saw the family Wednesday when they came to move her in!
And what's with Tyson growing up and marrying McKall? Hmm? Yeah ...this getting old thing is just jacked up.