I love dishwashers. They are genius. Who ever invented them should be rewarded ten fold! I didn't grow up with a dishwasher. My dad said, "Why do we need a dishwasher when I have three right here." (Referring to his three daughters!) We didn't do the dishes near as much as we should have, however. And the reason being, hand washing dishes simply, sucks. There isn't another way to put it. It's awful. When we finally had a dishwasher it was like heaven. Something that gets me about them, though, is I hate having to wash the dishes before you put them into the dishwasher. That defeats the whole purpose. But, it is totally nice to not have to dry them, and all that good stuff.
Well, our dishwasher doesn't work. It hasn't since we moved in. The previous tenant in our house broke off the little latch that covers the soap, so the soap doesn't stay in the little spot designated for it, so it doesn't clean the dishes. I ordered the part from these stupid girls that worked at the Sears repair center. If you work there, you should have some knowledge of how to fix things, right? Not at the one here, the girls are like 17...and don't know a thing about anything. I've been in there before and a guy walked in and asked for a Philips screwdriver. The girl said that they don't carry them...they'd have to go to a specialty tool store. Are you kidding me? I was standing right next to them. I stopped the guy before he left, and told him they were right here. Yeah...these girls need to find new jobs. But, I ordered the part for the dishwasher. Seventy bucks. Can you believe that a little latch is 70 bucks? I couldn't. But, I ordered it a week ago, they haven't debited my account, it hasn't gotten here...I think they forgot. I wouldn't be surprised! So now, I have every single dish in my sink that we own. We have been here for a month and haven't had a dishwasher. Who lives like this? (Just kidding...my parents still don't have a dishwasher, I just have to give them a hard time!) But, I hate doing the dishes, it's always a time that Macie clings to my feet and screams. So I put it off as long as I can. But I think now is a time that I've put it off too long! My kids ate cereal out of mixing bowls today. It's all that was clean. I'm lazy, I'll admit. But, hey, I'm pregnant and have two toddlers running around naked, trying to potty train. It's okay for the dishes to wait. Potty time can't wait.
1 week ago









1 comments:
Shouldn't the landlord take care of the price of the latch? When you write about loathing hand dishwashing it reminds me of Grandma Helen. When she would come over and watch us when we were little I would find her handwashing. "Grandma, we have a dishwasher." But she said she preferred doing it by hand because it warmed her hands up. ...that's where i get it... Oh-not the desire to do dishes by hand, but cold hands. No, Geoff does the dishes...because it also goes last on my priorities.
Post a Comment