It's happened. Jacob took his first visit to the Urgent Care. With my kids, sadly, it's inevitable. I'm actually impressed that he's 16 months old and this is his first time there!
This morning the kids were taking a bath together. Which, will probably be the last time. I was washing the older kids hair, and they were both screaming bloody murder. They absolutely hate getting the soap rinsed out of their hair. So, I put Macie in the shower. She was screaming. Noah and Jacob were in the tub, and Noah decided to wash Jake's hair. There was soap in Jacob's eye, and he didn't like it. He was standing in the tub crying. All of the sudden he slipped and fell right on the edge of the tub. There was blood streaming out of his head instantly. Not only was it a head wound, but it was a wet head wound. It was very bloody. I immediately knew he needed stitches. We closed it the best we could with the Toy Story band aid, left Erin to get the kids ready for church, and headed to the Urgent Care. The wait wasn't the shortest, but it's expected. At least it was the ER, we probably still would be there, with a bigger bill. He was a pretty happy kid through it all until the doctor came.
When we took the band aid off and the doctor looked at the cut, I was shocked to see how deep it really was, poor kid! He needed stitches They had to "burrito wrap" him and gave him three stitches. It was the most heartbreaking thing in the world. I shed a few tears watching him so miserable. They put another bandage on it, which didn't last long. They told us to put sunscreen on it so it wouldn't turn white, and we left. He fell asleep in the car. He had a rough morning, dangit.
But, he does make the stitches look pretty darn cute.
1 month ago









5 comments:
Poor Jacob!! So sorry about your trip to the urgent care. Julia had to do the burrito wrap on a board once so I totally feel your pain on that.
Awww poor little guy! :( I remember when I was 4 or 5 and hearing my sister scream while they put stitches in her eyelid. I'll never forget how sad I was hearing her in pain! I can't imagine watching your child go through it! You're a good momma :)
Sorry you guys had drama.
Jacob does make those stitches look good, though. He is so soft and squishy, and yet so solid. I want to fly over there just to squeeze him.
oh man - poor little guy.
poor baby. poor mama. i know all too well how it feels tearing up watching your kids suffer through medical tests. or procedures. glad to see him smiling again.
Post a Comment