We had a Ward Party Dinner tonight. The food was good, the company was good, and the program was awesome. We got to listen to a few wonderful testimonies, and then it was time for the Primary kids to sing the song that they have been learning. This was Macie's first time on the stage. She has been waiting for this day for ever. I think since the first time Noah went up to sing with the Primary, she has cried that she wanted to go up. And today was her day. She sat up there with this little smirk on her face the whole time, waiting patiently for the speakers, and occassionally glancing at her new love, Bode, sitting behind her {He's an older boy...he will be 8. However, Macie told me she will marry him.} And then it was finally time for the song. At home I had heard the kids singing this song that I didn't know. They didn't seem to know all of the words, but every time they would sing the little that they would, I would get chills, and tear up. It's a pretty good song. So, the Primary kids stand up in front, and start singing the song. Noah and Macie were awesome. They both sang every single word. And I cried. Noah even joined in for the sign language during the chorus. It was amazing. All of the kids did so well, even the Sunbeams. They really knew the song, and they really enjoyed singing the song. It was a proud moment as a Mother to watch two of my children up there singing their hearts out. They are learning the important things. I'm so glad for Primary and for the leaders and teachers that my children have. What an awesome church we belong to!
Click HERE to listen to the song.
1 month ago









6 comments:
I LOVE this song! Last year when we received the 2010 Primary outline, I read and played this song over and over again so I could become familiar enough with it to teach the Primary kids. And every time I tried singing it, I'd end up crying.
Bekah also loves the song; she especially likes the second verse for some reason, and she knows ALL the words to it.
Even though Ana's still in nursery, she asks us to sing the song sometimes since she's heard it often at our house.
It is a beautiful song- I love it too!
Watching the primary sing is the best! And I also love that song. I try and follow along the primary outline and learn to play the songs on the piano that the kids are learning in primary. I'm not very good on the piano so it takes me about twice as long as it should to get through it, but at least they get to hear it at home. I can't wait for Lucy to participate in her first program this fall. So far she has given a prayer during opening exercises in the chapel and she totally surprised me and went up there without any help and said a beautiful prayer all by herself. I was so proud!
Wasn't that song gorgeous?! I just loved seeing all of their faces while singing those sweet words. I could see Macie where I was sitting, she looked so proud :)
so i'm playing the song and my boys are getting dressed for school. emma comes up to me and says, "why are you playing my song?" i love how the church is truly universal, that no matter what part of the globe you live on, the primary kids are all learning the same songs at the same time for the same program. that. is. awesome! emma even sang along with it a little. she said, "see, mama? i am learning this song!"
Lindsay, I love your sweet, sentimental heart! xoxo
Post a Comment