Friday, April 9, 2010

Budda Budda

Have you ever really liked a song, and you listened to it over and over? And then you started singing along with it. You sing it all of the time. And then someone finally points out that the words that you are singing are not the song at all? But, to you, it will always be what you thought it was? It's what's familiar to you.

If it hasn't, lucky you. Unfortunately for me, it happens ALL of the time. It's like the game of "Telephone." What is first said, usually isn't what the final result is at the end of the line.

When Erin first got here, we were introduced to the Runaways. I had heard of Joan Jett and I knew a few of her songs, she had even just performed at the fair here. But, I didn't really know much of the actual Runaways. Now, there is a movie. Anyway, the CD would be playing in Erin's car when we would go places with her. After a while, the kids would start singing, "ch ch ch ch ch CHERRY POP!" {Yes, we say POP, not soda. We will not conform.} They insist that it what it says. Adam will even sing it the right way and say cherry bomb, but Macie says as she's talking out of the side of her mouth like she does, "Dad sings it wrong. He says bomb. Silly Dad." And then she rolls her eyes, well, her entire head, but she thinks she's just rolling her eyes! :-) Now, when I heard the song, it really does sound like "cherry pop." I cannot bring myself to sing it any other way. Now listen to it. http://s0.ilike.com/play#The+Runaways:Cherry+Bomb:96859:m1095057

Another very popular song in our house is "Budda, Budda" Do you have any guesses as to what this song may be? Macie asks for this song multiple times a day. She loves to shake her little booty to it. She will sing it and dance in the middle of the store, even. Adam never calls it Budda, Budda. He always uses the proper name, "Wooly Bully" but she looks at him kind of funny and says, "yeah, Budda, Budda." To her, it's what it sounds like and it's what it says. And yes, when I hear the song, I also hear Budda Budda, and forever will.
http://iLike.com/s/Zqm

My kids love music and they love to dance. They can really shake it! Jacob even gets into it. Dance parties are a common occurrence in the Christensen house. You should join us.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

we're going to have to have a dance off when you come up here next time. your kids vs my kids. emma has to stop getting ready for church every sunday, (while trying to brush her hair, of course) and dance to the music, sometimes old country, sometimes the Mo-Tab, you just never know in our house on sunday mornings! she invented a dance that i'm a little embarrassed to tell the title to, but just know it involves the bottom. and putting your hands on your bottom while bending forward and putting your bottom into the air. very hilarious. not so funny a title though.
love you and miss you. xoxo

brittanyandtravis said...

I actually remember thinking that the song did say Booty Budda when I first heard it. Sounds like a fun time!