Friday, November 20, 2009

Five.


Five years ago today, I was a nervous wreck! I was having my first baby. At first I was so excited, and I was ready, it was time, and I couldn't have been happier. And then I walked into the hospital the night before. People were screaming. This was it. It was real. And then I didn't so much want to have a baby. He was fine inside of me. The pain was bearable, I wasn't at screaming point by any means, and I was fine with that. I asked Adam if we could just go home, but nope. We're were going to have a baby. And then I felt too young. I felt too poor. You know, I felt all those things that you're supposed to feel BEFORE you think about having babies! But, deep down I was still excited. I always wanted to be a mommy.

And so 12 hours after I first walked into the hopsital, walked around the hospital for a few hours, pushed for 2 hours, he was finally here. I got to hear my sweet little Noah cry for the first time, and hold his little tiny body, that was covered in so much birthing crap, but it wasn't gross to me at the time. This was my baby. My first perfect child. It was an overwhelming day, a day that would change the rest of my life. I'm so grateful for that day.

But, now I have a 5 year old. Me, I have a 5 year old? Oh, goodness. I thought about this last night, I was an emotional wreck. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I even missed going to New Moon because I couldn't stop thinking about it {sorry, Rach!} My baby boy is so grown up. I should be so excited. And I am, it's just sad to watch him grow up and get so much more independent, and so mature, and so smart.

Noah is so great, though. There is never a dull moment with this kid. He loves to have fun, and has fun doing anything. Just recenlty his toys have been dwindling down to almost nothing, due to consequences from not cleaning them up. But he doesn't care much, his imagination is far to extreme to care about that. He adapts to everything, and has fun with the most random things. He has the most contagious laugh. It's hilarious. He always wants to make people laugh and smile. He's got a few good jokes up his sleeve. He is a clever little booger. He pays attention to the tiniest details. He remembers EVERYTHING. He will thank you for a present you gave him 3 years ago, but he remembers that you gave it to him, and what it was for, and what he said to you afterwards. It's pretty funny. He is also very sensitive. We have to be careful sometimes. But, Noah is the best 5 year old there ever was!

WE LOVE YOU, NOAH JON! Here's to another great year. May we have time to play alot, have many dance parties, sing lots of silly songs, learn many new things, and just have fun!


{for more pictures of this handsome birthday boy, click here}

2 comments:

lillipad said...

happy birthday noah! i know how you felt the day he was born...what were we thinking having babies so soon? :)but i think it was worth it!

i'm jealous you got to hold him right away--lilli had a little bit of an accident and was covered in green poo...pretty gross--but i still would have held her if they had let me!!!

Lonni said...

Hi Lindsay! I love to read your posts even though you make me cry!! You're a beautiful writer! We've enjoyed a 3 month stint with Family and friends in Ogden, UT and now heading back to Palmdale to enjoy the last 3 months of James' project! We still dont' know where the next one will be although we guess is will be Riverside. I've missed Disneyland. Have you still been going? I can't believe your baby boy is turing one. Take care & I'll be in touch. Lonni