One Wednesday morning, in February 2005, my sister, Erin came to Rexburg to watch Noah, like she did every week while I was in class. The night before, Noah had been crying a lot, and we didn't really know why. We just thought it was colic. I came home from class expecting to hear that he had cried all morning. But, Erin informed me that he had two teeth. Two teeth had come through on the bottom. I didn't believe her at first. I mean, he was just barely 2 months old, there wasn't any way he could have two teeth. But, sure enough, there were two little teeth on the bottom. I hurried and called the doctor to see what on earth I should do. I thought it was way too soon, and got a little worried. The nurse assured me that it was normal, and fine, but he could probably only have Tylenol, since he wouldn't be able to hold on to a teether yet. And that was the start of our teething experiences.
Nearly FIVE years later, those little teeth that came in so early are coming out. That's right. The first tooth has come out! I tear up as I write this. My baby boy is so grown up! He will be 5 on Friday, and has already lost his first tooth! He was so good. And he loves to feel his hole with his tongue. He is very excited for the tooth fairy to come. In fact, he wants to pull all of his teeth right now! This is quite the momentous occasion at the Christensen house. YAY, NOAH!!
1 week ago










4 comments:
Noah looks very handsome even if he is pale--are his eyelashes 2" long? Our boy looks so old now--except for that gap in his smile! I love it! And we're so excited that you all will soon be visiting us!! We love you!
p.s. And please say "Hello" back to Macie for me--she caught me by surprise with her rather grown-up salutation!
Forgot to say that your 2005 memory of Noah's first teeth was sweet to read.
Wow, Noah is growing up so fast! Lucy went to her very first dental appointment today. She did fabulous! I was very worried because many times it's a struggle to get her to brush her teeth. Crazy to think those little teeth will be falling out sooner than we know!
Doesn't time just fly by?
Post a Comment