I am embarrassed. My Dad's birthday was October 6. Yeah, who's a slacker? That'd be me. So, to surprise my Dad on his birthday, Erin and I loaded up the kids and drove to Idaho. It was a long drive to say the least. We had intended to leave at around noon. Erin had been in LA with her friend Natalie for a few days prior, so the noon departure would give her time to get back, and then it would be perfect because the kids would sleep. Sounds easy, right? Well, nothing is ever easy at the Christensen house.
I left for Target to get a few last minute travel needs. Like snacks. I got out of the car, with all three kids, and realized that my back tire was completely flat. Flat. It was awful. We have had that car for just a few months and have already had to replace two tires. There was a little slash in the side wall of the tire. It was slashed. Who slashes tires, I mean, really?! So, I called Adam. He came to my rescue and changed the tire, but it obviously not repairable, and the closest place that had another tire was in a town about 20 minutes away, and we had to wait until 3 to go. So, we waited. We drove to get the tire and waited there. We didn't finally get on the freeway until 6. It was late, and not a good start of the journey.
I started out driving, but Jacob kept screaming, so after mulitple stops, I finally let Erin drive, and sat in the back with Jake, and fed him and kept him entertained. We drove all through the night, and only stopped to get gas. We rolled in to Idaho Falls at about 10:30 in the morning. It was a long drive. We took turns napping, and I drank tons an tons of Dr. Pepper, and we made it. We slept for a few days after, trying to catch up what we lost but it was useless!
But, we did surprise Dad on his birthday! It was all so worth it to see the look on his face when he answered the door and he saw Noah and Macie standing there. It was great! They love their Pa. They were so excited. Jacob attached himself to Pa very quickly too and gave him a huge smile right off. It was so cute. We were glad we were there for his birthday! We love you, Dad! We hope that you had a good day!!
2 weeks ago









2 comments:
Awwww, this posting is super sweet! You and Erin really love your Dad! He'll always know THAT, that's for sure!
That is an incredible birthday present. I don't have the stamina to drive all through the night with ANY kids, let alone three.
Post a Comment