Thursday, November 19, 2009

Super Charged

I took the boys into the doctor on Monday. They had both been sick, and their fevers just weren't going away. For Noah, that's scary. Usually fevers mean seizures, too. I had been giving him Ibuprofen and Tylenol simultaneously to kick that fever in the butt, but it wasn't working. I had just barely taken Noah to the doctor the week prior, but that doctor was fired, for other reasons, too...but we went to a new doctor who was able to tell us right away that he had strep throat. And from the looks of it, had had it for a while. Dang doctor. But, the nice new doctor wanted to get rid of it fast, and so she gave Noah this antibiotic with some extra stuff in it. {Yeah, I am really technical. } We aren't strangers to medicine, so I gave it to him, thought nothing of it. And then he started acting hyper. Not just average Noah hyper. Like crazy, literally bouncing off the walls, hopping around kind of hyper! It was crazy. He went from his sickly, poor little guy, to this monster! And so I googled the medicine. What on earth would we do without google these days anyway? And yes...sure enough, this medicine causes hyperactivity in children. It is super charged...and it super charges most children, too! EVERY dose has caused this. EVERY one. The next 7 days aren't looking so good...we've got a 19 hour car ride to throw into the mix, too. Goodness.

1 comments:

Lefty said...

All I can say is: now you will have a more normal child to deal with!! Your children are always (at least, all the time I've seen them) well behaved. Luckily for you, he will return to angel-child soon enough. I'm just sorry you have to travel with that...

...Wish you were travelling East...