Wednesday, November 11, 2009

{October 1, 2009}


For Erin's birthday, I surprised her by getting tickets to see Conan. She loves Conan. {I have the best ideas, huh? ;-)} So, we all made the trek to LA. We were able to leave our children with the Snows, our friends in Torrance, while we went to Hollywood. It was the first time I've left Jacob for that long. I was a nervous wreck. He had enough milk. He had food. But I was so nervous about him the whole time. And it turns out, he didn't care much. He was a good boy!

The show was a lot of fun. You park, walk, and then get in line. We waited in a line for about an hour, if not longer, before we got into the studio. The studio is so much smaller in person. We kind of were in the back, but not the very back. The very back got to be on TV. But that's okay, I spilled ketchup on my shirt at lunch anyway, so it's a good thing I wasn't on TV! Conan is so much taller than you would think, too! It was a pretty fun experience! It wasn't like the best show ever, we didn't really know the guests, Kate Walsh and the kid from Zombieland {I don't even remember his name. His little sister was that curly haired Pepsi girl...}And we're not big country fans and the musical guest was Brad Paisley. But it was still fun to go.

I would even go again. I have an idea...if anyone comes to visit, I'll take you there, too. Just let me know 4 weeks in advance. If my cute kids aren't incentive enough, we've got Conan as back up {Ellen, too}! Whadayasay?

1 comments:

Lefty said...

I would come just for you and your adorable children and your hilarious and fun husband (he gets his good humour from his little sister)--but Ellen? Yes, please. I would dance with her and she would say I have the best moves and then I would be famous for "the bowler" (my best move) and life would be good.

OH! Check out my blog: I'm going to win a big prize!!