Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Macie's Minnie Party

{September 19, 2009}

Yes, I know...two months later I get this on here finally! BUT...Macie had her first friend birthday party. We opted to invite only girls. She wanted a Minnie Mouse party, so inviting just girls seemed logical! It was a lot of fun. Little girl parties are a lot of fun! Macie invited her friends from nursery and loved every second of it. She loves playing hostess. However, she is not very keen on the idea of actually sharing her toys with the kids she hosts! But, we brought down the playhouse and everything was okay! We started by coloring Minnie Mouse pictures while we waited for everyone to get there, and then it was lunch time. On the menu were Mickey shaped chicken nuggets {thank you Costco!}, string cheese cut in pieces, grape tomatoes, and olives. Did you notice the trend? Not only was everything round, but it followed the red/black/white color scheme of Minnie. I thought I was pretty clever! Then we played "Pin the bow on Minnie", and played for a bit while the mom's talked, and then it was pinata and present time. The pinata came yellow and pink, but that just wouldn't do for the theme of the party, and so it was painted, of course! I liked the idea that the "3" on its side was an "m", but we couldn't get the hanging thing out, so it remained a 3. It took forever to break the pinata. Three year old girls aren't the strongest! Macie used it like a pool stick, and tried to poke it that way. Eventually, I just banged it up against the wall, and the candy all fell out. It was a fun party. But, so much work! Thank you to my mom, though, for making the Minnie dress, that did save time out of the planning/decorating. Next year it's Alice in Wonderland. We like to plan in advance.

1 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Wow. You are the party queen. My poor children ... they don't get quite the same level of festivities on their birthdays.