Macie is starting to talk like crazy. And we can understand her! Noah had a pacifier for nearly 3 years of life, and then was put on seizure medication that pretty much halted and speech development for a few months, so having our 18 month old say so many words is new to us! When we first moved to Torrance in October 2006, we had a dumb doctor tell us that she thought Noah was autistic. Her reasoning was that he didn't like the doctor, and wouldn't look her in the eye, and he didn't know 250 words. Okay, so I know and use 250 words on a daily basis? I mean he wasn't even 2 yet! 250 words? And of course he didn't like the doctor, he had just spend nearly 2 weeks in the hospital with seizures and pokes to draw blood every 2 hours. Would you like any doctor after that? And he was sick at the time we tooki him in anyway. So, we just didn't listen to the doctor, and everything is fine. Anyway. Macie knows lots of words. Last night, we were laying in bed, and Macie was with us, because she's been so funny lately. She loves to be with Daddy, so when he gets home, he instantly becomes Crazy Macie and doesn't want to sleep. She just wants to play with Daddy. But, she was saying so many words. so I was going through all of the words she knew. I'm curious to see the count. So, here are all of the words she says and actually uses. Here we go:
1.Mom
2.Daddy
3.Noah
4.Macie
5.Baby
6.ball
7.dog
8.puppy
9.kitty
10.Mickey
11.Buzz (She LOVES Buzz.)
12.Pa
13.Ma (Grandma)
14.Papa
15.Nana
16. book
17.sock
18.shoe
19.hair
20.eye
21.teeth
22.milk
23.nurse
24.run
25.go
26.bye-bye
27.hey
28.no
29.me
30.hi
31.hello
32.phone
33.light
34.yogurt
35.cup
36.pop (they say soda here...but we will not conform!)
37.juice
38.crib
39.night-night
40.yumm
41.cream (ice cream)
42.outside
43.car
44.truck
45.butt ( I don't know where she got this one...it's new)
46.play
47.bath
48.pretty
49.dress
50.diaper
51.yucky
52.potty
52.stinky
53.wet
54.horse
55.hat
I'm sure I'm missing some, maybe I'll add more once they start coming to me! But if animal sounds count, she can say a lot of those too! She's got a good elephant, lion ,kitty, dog, pig, horse, snake, monkey, and cow. I can't belive she's so old! Where did my baby go?
1 week ago









1 comments:
Sounds like Macie is building a great vocab. Lucy's about the same. I love it when she starts singing head, shoulders, knees and toes. It sounds kind of like mumbling, but I can recognize most of the body parts in there. Such a fun age!
Post a Comment